Made a lot of changes to flavor names

Please dont.

Another 100 from the dupe queue and around 100 more while getting sidetracked.

Entries in queue: 596

EDIT: I should have made that clearer, by please dont i meant please dont stop. Im on a roll.

8 Likes

Ask and ye shall recieve.

Heres a list of 214 simply wrong Capella flavors, either not a flavor Capella has or have ever had, wrong version, extremely misstyped to the point I can not even interpret it, and so on. For some I recognized at other flavor houses so made notes for each of them:

Also currently in the middle of reporting the other 800 duplicates for cap at a rate of about 2/min, so those 800 should be reported in about 7h unless shit goes sideways.

There is unfortunately going to be duplicates with the previous 300 I reported though, I couldnā€™t really sort them out in any reasonable way. If you donā€™t have a system on your side for that, please just decline all cap reports Iā€™ve made before today. Except the ones in weird languages, those I wont report again for sure, easy to spot and sort out.

When these are all done I think Capella will be pretty cleaned up, besides from the real flavors that got faulty names, or at least not the same name as Capella has decided to give them.

7 Likes

Itā€™s an headache just to look at that list!
Itā€™s amazing how many famous TPAs FW INW are just thrown in as CAPā€¦ really wondering why people do that, itā€™s so easy to use the drop down list, why bother making it up.
Do people really think that ELR hasnā€™t got the complete CAP list? Iā€™d understand (not really) a new flavour by FA (funny namingā€¦) or SSA or WF, but CAP? Cā€™monā€¦

9 Likes

@Iv3shf I truly believe many people live on the mixing side, and NEVER come here. I also believe they THINK, any entries they do, are somehow JUST for their PERSONAL list, and have no clue every entry can corrupt the main flavor database.

10 Likes

There are also some people that purposely enter the wrong names just to be douchebags.

8 Likes

Yeah, roger that brother.

4 Likes

There are 140,910 public recipes,
With 190,066 different flavors.

That says a thing or twoā€¦

5 Likes

What about stones though?

I have a couple of stones I made in my flavour stash and they come up as ā€œflavoursā€ in searches. Would that affect the database too?

Also, if you limit or remove the ability to put in anything other than ā€œapprovedā€ flavour names will that take away the ability to add stones to the stash?

Just curiousā€¦

You are doing an amazing job @Ken_O_Where and I donā€™t envy your task at all.

4 Likes

The database can not distinguish stones from regular single flavor names. So, yes. But there are relatively few stones circulating so Iā€™m guessing they would not cause any issues such as misspellings, duplicates etc. When a stone is used publicly though itā€™s always good to have a reference of what itā€™s made from.

I would think so yes, but so far no plan to put a ā€˜lock on the front doorā€™ has been shared by Lars. Personally I donā€™t see it happening in the foreseeable future.

5 Likes

Mine have a link (well, a text address as I couldnā€™t create a real link) to the one shot recipe that has the ingredients in the comments. I assume that is sufficient?

3 Likes

Thank you @Ken_O_Where and @TorturedZen for all this sorting out.
Question: what and where is the dupe que? Is this something I should know if I run across something wonky with flavor names?

3 Likes

Main pageā€“>Userā€“>Duplicate checker
Untitled

8 Likes

Oh geez, I never really noticed or gave much thought to that. Thx TZ.

5 Likes

I looked at that list that @Greger posted, now granted I just scrolled through quickly, and for the most part itā€™s a great list, but some of those that are marked ā€œnot a Cappella flavorā€ are some of the newer-ish flavors, like Frosting, Nut Muffin, Sticky Bun, etc, just to name a few. So I donā€™t know how it works, but Iā€™m assuming @Ken_O_Where actually checks before removing flavors from the database?

3 Likes

Yea heā€™s gonna double check them if he does anything with them. There might be some mistakes in their, but those are compared against Capellas own list of flavors from their website/docs, are you sure the ones you checked are actually Capella flavors and not some other flavor house? And not some reseller just trying get you to buy stuff by calling it something its not?

For example ā€œNut Muffinā€, I find a lot of resellers selling that flavor. But checking Capella sites https://www.capellaflavors.com/, even the euro series, I find nothing called ā€œNut Muffinā€

3 Likes

Iā€™m sure, Bull City, Flavor Jungle, and Nomnomz all sell them, probably more. But I doubt those three would sell them if they werenā€™t legit

4 Likes

Could you check if you find a list of these flavors from a Capella source? Like are they only high volume wholesale they donā€™t post on their own site etc? Some secret series I havenā€™t had the possibility to compare against?

3 Likes

I dont actually remove flavors, that isnt something i can do. I merge or change their names and i double check everything, sometimes i have to go into private recipes to do so. I am quite thorough but i do make mistakes so if you see something let me know.

3 Likes

Sometimes flavors are sold through resellers before they are listed on manufacturer sites. CAP has done this a lot in the past.

7 Likes

Call Capella ask themā€¦Im 100pct sure that none of these resellers would advertise or sell these flavors and use the Capella Name , Logo etc ā€¦Possible that Capella isnt listing them bc rhey are using a distributor to sell them . Anyway , all YOU have to do is call Capella , they are really nice and informative

6 Likes