Made a lot of changes to flavor names

So i went through and merged all the v1 CAP and dropped the v1, renamed/merged a bunch of Solub Arome, VSO, TPA. I got about half way through the Solub stuff, it is a total mess. Started fixing all the CAP v2 stuff as well. This is amounted to a couple 100 flavors i think.

Crazy how many people will put the size of the bottle they bought in the flavor name, maddening really. Just wanted to give a heads up so if you see something i totally screwed up feel free to holler at me. I would imagine most people wont notice and that i will have to do it all over again in a week or two.

EDIT: Think i made this post in the wrong place the first time as it is a closed group.

34 Likes

Much appreciated

8 Likes

Thank you!!

8 Likes

Ty sir. appreciate all your efforts.

8 Likes

Thank you for all you do!

7 Likes

You just might! Itā€™s an ongoing process. At least until the unlikely event that the flavor names ā€˜front doorā€™ is closed and locked down to the public.

13 Likes

I hope so. Im a little burned out after this weekend, ill be taking a break from it for a few days, as soon as my eyes uncross ill get back at it! Time for a relax:

10 Likes

Canā€™t says I blame you.

Been thinking about something also. The way weā€™ve been flagging recipes and the names getting corrected right away is great! But Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s almost too fast. I say that because I donā€™t know if the user is getting ample time to respond (9 outta10 donā€™t anyway). After you make corrections my ā€œpre-recordedā€ comment is deleted, as well as the link to the Flavor Stash Guide. The user never has the chance to read and learn from it.

Do you think the comment should be modified to something likeā€¦
"Hey your flavor name {flavor name} has been fixed. Hereā€™s the link to the Flavor Stash blah blah " Not that wording of course.
Just a thought. Donā€™t want to overstep my boundaries.

9 Likes

First, you arent over stepping in any way shape or form. If it was up to me we would be doing this together.

Second, i have been thinking about that a lot lately. Some of the users are repeat ā€œoffendersā€. Perhaps we should give it a couple days before you remove your message and rating. It will likely piss some people off but it will get their attention.

9 Likes

I thought of that as well. Iā€™ll follow your lead.

7 Likes

Never ending story, people keep on showing me recipes with ā€œtheir ownā€ naming, and me (from now on, ā€œthe idiotā€) keeps on telling them: look, itā€™s wrong, change it to this please, youā€™re making a mess of the DB, sometimes I ask for their username and password and change their stash all together, but some care, some donā€™t.
Iā€™d delete their recipes without even asking, you want the freedom but not the rules, F U

Thank you Ken and TZ

10 Likes

Lord knows how many times I wished I had that ability. Especially recipes where users get aggressive and defiant!
Thanx Frank!

10 Likes

Me too! Some act like you are questioning their intelligence, some egoā€™s are so fragile.

10 Likes

Blowing sunshine up their asses doesnā€™t work either. Fuck polite!

11 Likes

Went through a bunch in the dupe queue today, almost 100, whewā€¦ I got up to where @Greger reported the ones in squiggly, that enough for today. Not because they were in aquiggly but in order to fix them i have to click the link ā€œseeā€ and when one is reported with just CAP or (CAP) it loads every single flavor with those in the name and it takes forever to load the page, sometimes a couple minutes.

EDIT: Went through and did a bit more down to: Entries in queue: 757 LOL

If you see any issues please let me know.

13 Likes

Great work, thanks!

9 Likes

More dupes and renaming done, holler if you see any screw ups.

11 Likes

Just cracked into the 600ā€™s:

Entries in queue: 698

Add that with the hundreds of other flavors that have been corrected and we are getting somewhere. Until TZ logs on tonight, hehe.

Thank you everyone who added to the dupe queue.

11 Likes

Outstanding work guys.

9 Likes

I can back off the Dupes submissions if you want.

6 Likes