Mag Mixer with Scale

has anyone ever seen a mag mixer with a scale ?? or have any ideas on how to accomplish this , id like to try and add the liquids while the vg is being mixed so example add VG to flask/ beaker then while its being stirred on the mixer add flavors and pg

1 Like

I would think that the motion of the stirring would throw off the scale’s precision when mixing smaller volumes. I don’t have anything to justify that comment, just how I would perceive it.

6 Likes

ya it makes complete sense , and probably isnt possible i may have to use syringes which i still have a ton of from b4 i went to weighing

Yeah, what Tut said is indeed true. I have limited work space in my mixing area so when I put my scale too close to my mag mixer while it’s running, the weight reading won’t settle. The weight reading goes up and down by as much as 4 grams.
The spinning magnet affects how the scale weighs things somehow

1 Like

I’ve had this idea as well, so It’s nice to know I’m not alone in that thought process.

It would be nice to have a dual purpose box to save space. Even if the spinning motion would throw the scale off, you could just turn off the mixer while you weigh, and then turn it on after measurements are done.

1 Like

The magnet itself would throw the scale off, whether it’s spinning or not. Not as much, but it does. I can’t have a strong magnet anywhere close to my scale

1 Like

I don’t have a magnetic mixer, so I’m just wondering what would be the advantage of stirring while you’re mixing? Does it give a different effect to first mixing and then stirring?

1 Like

thats exactly what im wondering , a friend of mine had a thought that it may do just that , so its something i wanted to see , i also watched a video from moleculelabs and they made a statement that pouring while mixing a certain way may make a difference ( those arent the exact words ) its just something i want to test i dont think it will make a difference but until i try i wont know, btw the friend had this very long example that actually made me give it some thought

I guess the only way you’re going to find out is if you’re going volumetric and use syringes…

1 Like

ya that what im going to have to do