Make ELR function that

when you go into your stash and select flavours you want to put in the mix, have the option to use ONLY those flavours or those flavours including 1,2,3,4 others ect… also when doing that the rating system when clicked gets rid of your preference and shows you virtually any recipes.

1 Like

U sure about that? When I try, I still have my flavor selection after sorting by rating.

I believe the other part of your question is covered in previous posts in Feedback

2 Likes

never tried it for 4 flavors but you can “Search” the Recipe database with more than one flavor by adding [spacebar]+[spacebar] between flavors. Be sure to enter entire name with your specific Vendor.
Cupcake (CAP) + Golden Pineapple (CAP) etc

3 Likes

i may be mistaken it is kind a niche way im trying to search through the list i goto my flavour stash i pick two or three flavours : now here is where we should be able to check a simple box saying INCLUDE these flavours ONLY or INCLUDE THESE FLAVOURS AND ALLOW 1,2,3,4,5ect other flavours. Also once thats selected there comes the issue where if you click the star * button for ratings it jumbles it up showing recipes with flavours you dont even have. if thats a little more clearer.

3 Likes

Made me look… I don’t have the attention span to test, but if you click “What can I make” you get a list of recipes you have all the ingredients to make, but if you click “Search By Flavor Stash” it goes to a graphical Search Tool where you can choose multiple specific flavors from your stash (with sliders) and recipe results appear at the bottom? It has an “Allow Missing Flavors” drop down and you can choose “none” or 1-4.

If you are choosing the “Allow 1,2,3,4” you would get recipes with flavors you don’t have, but you are saying when choosing “None” from that “Allow Missing Flavors” and you are getting recipe results from “What can I make” (after also manual sliding individual Stash flavors to “On” in the Tool). There might be a bug linked to sorting via “Ratings” at that point (not retaining all elements of your prior query). I didn’t build it and I don’t fix it (here), but your request needs granular clarification to Req Changes anywhere a DB exists. Your request is concise above, hope I helped get you some attention. Please correct me if I am mistaken

3 Likes

If you know exactly which flavors you want in your recipe, why not simply go over to the recipe side and make your recipe. You can still play with your % (check the flavor pages for an indication of strength, comments/notes, other recipes the flavor is used in, ratings) to adjust to taste.

Maybe I’m missing something, but I don’t really see the value of this request.

You can click on “what can I make” and search for the flavors you want to use to get some inspiration for recipes. I find this solves quite the biggest part of this request and you can still order those results by rating.

Example:

Agreed, sometimes you might find an odd result in this type of search, but it’s already a great way to find what you’re looking for.

Doing the same search from “Search by flavor stash” (q=“fruit circles + bavarian cream”), gives me the following

Sorted by rating, it still shows results from my query, but it allows to enter flavors that I don’t have in my stash. This is a great way to get ideas for recipes, flavor profiles. To restrict you to your own flavor stash would just limit the capabilities of this tool IMO and limit the fine discoveries people can make.
If you click on the information button, you can quickly see which flavors (and their approx %) are in the mix, which saves you a lot of time browsing through the results.

2 Likes

thanks @anon28032772 very detailed ill give it a try

3 Likes

Was thinking of a function where you can see adaptations of your recipes, but see them all on one page, but eh, I think that might just be me.

1 Like