Making ejuice

I would appreciate it if you could put up that list of pros and cons …

5 Likes

I would recommend going through some recipes and find a few you like. Start out small. Everyone’s flavor profiles are different. So pick 2 or 3 recipes you like and order the flavors needed to make them.

The first thing I would recommend every new mixer does is buy a scale. Make sure it has .00 resolution in grams. Sure you can mix by the number of drops, or ml in a syringe, but the scale just makes things so much easier.

Shopping around and figuring out where to buy stuff is a pain too. There are many places to buy stuff from, and one place will have one thing you need, and another place will have the other. And prices will be different, so it pays to shop around. So it is sometimes a pain finding everything in one place if you are pinching pennies because multiple shipping costs really add up.

You may also need supplies like squeeze bottles and such to work from, Nitrile gloves, mixing vessels (unless you mix in the bottle), etc.

Everyone came here to learn. And as you will find out, pretty much everyone hangs around to help.

7 Likes

Standing in the corner with gloves on for the first person who treats her bad for asking a question LOL cause yeah I’m all macho and stuff. Welcome Dixie anything you need just ask.

8 Likes

@dixie1 - if you haven’t read the beginners guide, you can check it out HERE

That has so much info, and is basically a compilation of common questions being answered by the folks here.

In that, I do a rundown of creating a recipe that may help ya. It explains how to choose flavors, how to use the recipe side of the site a bit better, etc. You can view that HERE

6 Likes

Hi Dixie,

Regards from NZ.
I’ll never be an expert (ex= has-been spert= drip under pressure), actually I’m probably both.
Yes making your own is fun!,
You can tailor the flavour to your tastes.

I suggest start simple.
Vape some plain VG/PG mix with or without nicotine and adjust to suit. PG harsh, VG smooth.
Buy 1 concentrate and add to PG, VG and nicotine, let it steep. Tweak it, too much flavour add PG/VG
Not enough add more flavour.
BTW I’ve got lots off concentrates I won’t use again, just didn’t like them.

Regards Cos

5 Likes

What’s flavor do you like? What is your device you’ll be using also?

4 Likes

So am I and they are awesome here, no newbie drama! As far as I understand, the desired amount is the amount in the recipe, which can be adapted to whatever size bottle. It worked for me. Also, check your nic strength.

4 Likes

The desired amount is how much finished product you will have after adding all ingredients. I don’t ever think of it as “what size bottle do I want to make?”. I make 100ml, 200ml, 300ml, or whatever. Sometimes I have a bottle of flavoring that dictates how much juice I make. If I only have 1.5ml of a flavor left which only allows me to make a small batch of something, I do the math and make enough juice to use up that bottle. That may end up being 50.73ml of finished product. So I set the desired amount to 50.73ml.

4 Likes

Hello there @dixie1, you are very welcome here so come pull up a chair and make yourself at home. I’m from the U.K.:uk: where are you from if you don’t mind me asking? The reason I asked is so that we can help point you in the right direction for getting supplies like concentrates etc. We are all very friendly here and the only stupid questions are the ones that are not asked so just give us a shout if you get stuck. As already mentioned there is plenty of very informative and interesting reading here at ELR and I personally find it the best and friendliest forum that I’ve ever had the pleasure of being part of. I loved what you said about being a sponge in relation to gaining knowledge as I feel exactly the same way.

4 Likes

I’m not sure what you plan on doing with the flavors you won’t ever use again but I leave a link to a facebook group that trades concentrates. They are all over the world too.

5 Likes

Ty. I appreciate the backup.

2 Likes

Ok I’ll write out that list for you

3 Likes

I’m from canada from bc to be a bit specific

2 Likes

I’m using geek vape aegis box mode with an already built coil as I don’t have the patience for building my own coils

2 Likes

Awesome glad to know that they are exactly the amount they say they are

2 Likes