Making Salt Nicotine with Benzoic Acid

Hello guys,
I tried to making Salt Nicotine with mixing pure nicotine with banzoic acid, I heated the 100ml VG up 65 degree C, I added 10g of pure nicotine abd 7.52g Benzoic acid, because I want to make 100mg/ml nicotine salt base,after that I kept the temperature in 65 degrees C and staring for about 45 min, the solution was dissolved completely but the colors is like to water but it have to turn to brown or bright orange,
Anyone know what’s the problem?

2 Likes

What pray tell do you mean by “pure nicotine”?

7 Likes

What exactly do you mean? Pure nic is deadly if not handled correctly. I’m only saying this because when I was brand new to mixing someone tried selling me pure nicotine…stayed clear of that. Highest I have is 250 and even then I don’t like working around it.

As for your question, I don’t know. Work safe! :pray:t3:

And welcome.

9 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

2 Likes

First why would you be making your own salt nicotine? If you can buy pure nicotine and banzoic acid (which are both banned in some countries) can you not buy premade 100mg salt nic? Secondly issue is exposure to air most nicotine and nicotine salt are processed in a lab under controlled conditions. Anytime that any type nicotine is exposed to our atmosphere for a period of time it will immediately start to change color. Add on the fact that you heated both the vg, an acid and nicotine to a higher than normal temp, plus you left it exposed to the air I am not surprised that it turned. I don’t know what you made but I wouldn’t trust it. Please in the future just buy actual premade salt nicotine and leave the blending of complex chemicals to the professional’s.

6 Likes

@McDuckie is exactly right in what he said and I stand by him 100%.
These chemicals are banned in certain countries and for a damn good reason as they can be lethal unless they are handled by professionals in a controlled environment. What you are doing is extremely dangerous and I would advise you to stop. Also if you need to dispose of your product please do it responsibly by taking it to your pharmacy or chemical disposal unit as it is a danger to other people and to wildlife.

6 Likes

My friend Jim Esser makes salt nic from 1000 mg freebase from Nic River, when asked he said he added the proper amount of benzoate (benzoic?) And said he just followed the instructions and gave me a sample of 250mg/120mls.I mixed a 25mg of something simple and seemed pretty smooth.Its a bit dark tho a lot of 250 mg is but didn’t go into much more detail.Not sure where he got his hands on the acid to do it but said it was relatively easy.I prefer just purchasing my own but it wasn’t too bad and was generous of him.Hes cool like that tho, you may already know him if your on Fb diy groups but def a good guy to know for folks in need of Nic or Nic salt , and an array Flavorings as well :call_me_hand::blush:

3 Likes

Sorry but I don’t know this gentleman most probably because I don’t use Facebook very often.

3 Likes

Pure nicotine {1,000mg/ml} is listed as a H310 toxicity hazard. Precautions are universally accepted that it be carefully handled to avoid dermal, oral contact, and respiratory contact. I don’t think it is being overly cautious that universally it is handled by professional chemists in hoods. Anyone that wants to utilize it to break down into dilute solutions should be aware of these precautions.

5 Likes

Right on , it acts as more resources and some decent coil builder groups i cop my coils from , diy ejuice groups etc

3 Likes

Professor Bernd Mayer https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernd_Mayer_(Pharmacologist) is an empty link on Wikipedia/BAD citation

4 Likes

If your going to post something like this at least back it up with proof…For now ill delete this statement because i feel it will do more harm …You are welcome to repost with evidence that might make this woryh debating. Also some people consider 100mgml pure ncotine which it isnt. 1000mgml is the concern here.

6 Likes

I agree and I used to frequent those facebook groups quite often but I spend more of my time here now and also on V.C and Planet Of The Vapes.

3 Likes

He prob meant 100mg Nic outlet nicotine but just guessing lol

There are some stores that also offer 1000mg/ml. Is much cheaper and space-saving if you create a life stock.

1 Like

True, my buddy bought 1000mg Freebase from Nic River for like 159$ per gallon (they only have gallon sizes) but too about 1/3 out of it to make 250mg salt nic.He sent me a free 120ml sample, its a lil dark as most high mg nic tends to be but i made a 25mg 30ml sampler with a simple fruit medley for my Gfs pod system but it was pretty smooth like any 25mg bottle of salt is.That lil bottle will last a long time but i have 3 liters of 100mg salt too lol.Pretty set for awhile lol.My first 100mg salt liter lasted over 3 yrs for two people. I did get 1 liter in VG, One in PG and one in 50-50 for experiment sake lol.The vg takes about 40min to thaw but no biggie, the pg and 50-50 i can use straight from the freezer.I fill a 120ml working bottle with a twist tip but i used to use a blunt tip syringe but squirting it into the bottle on a small pocket scale is much faster and no syringes to clean up :blush: I use 8mg salt for my Rta’s 70/30 at 45-65W and 15mg for my gf’s pods but she still thinks its 25mg :joy:. But i have a few folks that request my Ejuices at 3 to 6mg salt for their high watt setups.9-12mg for Aios etc that works well too at mid watts.Nice n smooth with moderate clouds and good nic satisfaction.Ive actually never mixed with freebase in the 5 yrs ive been mixing but i do have some of that in the freezer too for folks who like a bit more throat hit :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Right you are, pure nic is a whole process and rare to find if you even can fnd it.I wouldn’t even handle it wih the proper gear.

2 Likes