Man, I messed up!

what is supercritical nic anyway, and what is it used for ?

3 Likes

I. TECHNICAL QUESTIONS CONCERNING SUPERCRITICAL NICOTINE :

What is Supercritical Nicotine™ ?

Supercritical Nicotine™ is a very pure form of nicotine needing little post extraction purification. Utilizing Supercritical Fluid Extraction (SFE) method , the process solvent is Non Toxic, Pure, All Natural, Cold (65F) and Non-Flammable. The unique properties of SFE are that no heat, no distillation/reverse distillation or complex chemical or man-made solvents are involved. The high pressure of the process cracks the cellular wall and the nicotine is simply soaked out of the plant material using naturally occuring carbon dioxide gas compressed into liquid-form. Once all of the viable nicotine is collected from the tobacco leaf, the CO2 is returned to the cylinder for re-use in the next batch, the pressure is dropped to a mild vacuum, the temperature is dropped to refrigeration temperature causing all risidual CO2 in the nicotine to separate itself fully.

Carolina Xtracts stance on freezing their Liquid Nicotine.

Should I store Nicotine Products in the freezer?

IF you know that your freezer will maintain temperature below 30F or -1C, then yes. Otherwise, no. Damage can occur to100MG/ML nicotine products when oxides form during near-freeze/thaw cycles caused by temperature fluctuations of some freezer units (but not all). Such fluctuations are typically caused by opening the freezer door and outside weather affecting the efficiency of the unit. Typical refrigeration temperatures, or even room temperatures are a much safer storage range because they are well away from freeze/thaw potential.

https://www.carolinaxtract.com/cxtc-faq

5 Likes

ok. but is there some application that warrants/mandates the increased purities ?
or is it just for rich vapors ?

3 Likes

I’d probably be sick if I did that. Even 100ml. High wattage vaping burns through liquid pretty quick. I primarily vape around 50W. I think I’m around 30ml per day or 3mg.

3 Likes

Sounds like the time I walked into a headshop in Cali. I said ‘bong’ instead of ‘water pipe’, to which I was promptly and severely warned to never mention that word!

6 Likes

There’s a head shop in Texas that won’t even allow the words: “Water pipe”. “Glass Pipe” is the only choice allowed.

5 Likes

What’s scary is my wife asked the clerk what would happen if the word ‘bong’ was said in the shop again. We were told the police would be summoned! WTF.

4 Likes

Very interesting! Refrigerator/room temperature stable sounds very intriguing. Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

Yeah damn, that looks so cool! But then you’d need a supply of medical grade nitrogen to keep it cool, wonder what that costs per month? And you can dispense some and it stays pure, super cool

3 Likes

I still keep all of mine in the freezer. I have never purchased from Carolina, but have heard they do indeed have high quality, albeit high priced NIC. Unless someone was “confused” enough to keep their ENTIRE stash in ONE big bottle, and routinely took IT out of the freezer, worked with it for an entire mixing season, then put it back in the freezer, I can’t see my entire stash somehow thawing, just by opening the freezer door to retrieve a working bottle.

I’m sure the working bottle that comes out, and goes back in might be affected, but that is why we break down our NIC from large shipping/deep storage bottles into much smaller working bottles.

7 Likes

I keep my working bottle in the fridge. The rest is in the freezer like most people do. I like my working bottle to be a 30ml dropper bottle. I got sick of syringes and pipettes so I just got some of these from Fasttech:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10021895/4774305-empty-dropper-bottles-for-e-liquid-5-pack-30ml
I like adding my nic as if it was a flavor. It works well for me and I’ve never had any spoil or go bad. Whenever I split up a 4oz glass bottle it goes into 4 of those. 3 stay in the freezer while one hangs out in the refrigerator.

5 Likes

are those soft, or hard’ish like the typical retail juice bottles ?

edit = i see they are not round, should work well even if hard.

thanx. in cart, but i got the clear.

3 Likes

Those bottles are PET (which is the hard plastic, usually clear, amber or blue), PE are the soft bottles usually translucent or black. Both are readily available on FT. I use PE for my finished juices and PET for my nicotine.

4 Likes

@KiwiPete is correct. They’re PET which is hard and clear usually. The cloudy ones are usually softer. There’s lots of abbreviations for those like PE, HDPE, ect… I’m not really too knowledgeable about different plastics. I’ve just heard about them through vaping. PEI is another but that kind is usually associated with atomizers. I think it’s like imitation ultem.

4 Likes