Marijuana strain mixed

I Just want to ask if someone here knows the right marijuana strain to mix and use when it come with fibromyalgia?

I’ve been suffering with back pain for almost 3 months now and can’t sleep properly at night. I already have a prescription meds but I refrain on using them coz it only take the pain for a minute or so and back again. Then one of my friends hand me a vape to try if it makes me feel better and it does! I try asking him what it is but he has no idea also. So I started doing my own research about medical marijuana and strains that would be effective against pain and came across this http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/hindu-kush/.
I’m not sure if that’s the strain that I’ve tried but it has the highest pain management effect. Cbd and thc are all new to me. I also read that drinking it as tea or as a muffin/cake is an option, but is relief effects the same? Why can’t they simply make pills out of marijuana - or maybe there are that I am not aware of. If it’s true, then I would very much appreciate any ideas and advice on what strain is good and how to use it medically. Thanks in advance to those who’ll answer.

4 Likes

This is something that interests me as well for the same reasons. There was a conversation in the chat a few weeks ago about this but I forget who the knowledgeable person was. :confused: About the pill form, I know they used to make it but something about the process of isolating the effective compounds also gave it more side effects. With smoking or vaping it, you can moderate your dose more closely and individually.

1 Like

I think this thread might be of interest when it comes to this.

@trollyanes @Mizzz_Z_Hobbit
The most complete source on Cannabis strains and usages is a Google search for Granny Storm Crows list.
Cannabis preloaded vape pens have been around a while at legal California Cannabis Dispensaries. I picked my first one up a few months ago after trying my friends pen out.
Might spend some time at one of the larger Cannabis sites like Grass City, Rollitup or such and soak up more basic information.
Many ways to administer Cannabis including but not limited to: Smoking, Vaping, Edible, Drinkable, Topical like a patch. All are effective but properly made edibles tend to hit hardest and last longest.
California passed the first Medical Cannabis laws back in 1996 and I’ve used it medically for nearly as long.
For me personally strain is less important for relief as they all work but a near pure Sativa is very hard to get to sleep on compared to an Indica.
Bob

2 Likes

As far as I have cultivated and used I can suggest Romulan.
Romulan is an indica strain that stems from North American Indica and White Rhino. It is a strain that is known to help people with muscle spasms and nerve damage related pain, which could be particularly helpful for people with fibromyalgia.

edit : ( list of 418 cannabis-strains with Pain numbing Effect)

Pure THC/terpene mix that ll work if u wanna vape it (since u asking it here =) ) , anyway there are really a lot of THC derivatives like foods,drinks,pills,etc…(as I said … [ suppositories] (http://www.cannabistherapy.co.za/products/suppositories/) too . xDD )

3 Likes

If you have strong fibromyalgia issues you can try Purple Kush. It is an Indica strain that helps with pains and gives relief, so you’ll have a very good sleep and feel relaxed in the morning. I know it thanks to my personal experience.

3 Likes

I’ve been wondering the same thing. I’m waiting on my MM card to come in and I’ll be heading for the dispensary here…so I’m trying to figure out the best and cheapest way to make my own vape juice with it. There is a lot of information out there so I was hoping that I could find some tried and true methods and advice here among the vaping pros! :cyclone:

1 Like

I love weed, so does my wife. I smoke it for fun,and stress relief, but mostly for fun. My wife swears that it helps with muscular and joint pain like nothing else. I’m not sure which strain is best but they are all good, so long as its strong.

If you really don’t want to smoke it you could make or buy some cookies, making them would be a cheap option as you don’t need quality weed. I believe that the rule of thumb with eating vs smoking is - eating requires a much higher dose for the same effect but lasts much, much, much longer. Every cookie that I have ever eaten has had a very sedating effect, though I wasn’t really taking therapeutic doses :wink:

I wouldn’t obsess about the strain too much, just try a few.

Also don’t have too much. Start very small, wait and increase if necessary.

Good luck

2 Likes

You might be better off buying a herb specific vaporiser. The volcano is regarded as the best, though Is hard to justify the price of it.
imageimage
There are cheaper units available, years ago I had a vapir one that cost around $200 AUD and worked pretty well.

I believe the way to make THC/CBD vape juice is to get hold of some shatter (very pure hash oil) and grind it into PG solution. I’ve no experience with this but I think that it would foul coils wickedly.

1 Like

Couple of approaches to the problem.
Direct Concentrate infusion. usually done with hash-wax-shatter and a solvent like PG or PEG200-400 Most of the commercially sold liquid for the purpose are just that.
The other way is washing weed or concentrate with very high proof drinking grade booze. 151 or 190 proof everclear is the top pick for this.
Add the resulting tincture to DIY Ejuice at up to 10%
2 to 5% is good and doesn’t snap or pop. At 10% be ready for some spitback.

Dripped in an RDA works best for me as I can dry burn the coils as they crud up.

5 Likes

Thanks…I’ll have to do some more research about making the juice with “shatter” thanks for the info

Thank you so much for the links and info. I need it for both anxiety, pain,sleep and chronic fatigue during the day.

Thank you for sharing this info…appreciate it.