Marshmallow as Sweetener!

I have learned, that EM mute/weak the other Flavors.
And when i use Marshmallow as sweetener, is that better?
I have Marshmallow from CAP & FA!
But is there not also EM inside?
So how is the right way to sweeten and have strong flavor?

4 Likes

Iā€™m at total newb too, but from what Iā€™ve read (feel free to correct me anybody) EM is what you get in Cotton Candy but not Marshmallow? Iā€™ve been using Marshmallow to sweeten at around 0.5-1% - I suppose it depends what your ā€œsweet pointā€ is though as we all taste differently :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Typically, I use FA or FW Marshmallow @1-2%, depending on other flavorings in the mix. But, in a real fruity mix, I now use Pyure (stevia), as it does make the fruit ā€˜popā€™.

6 Likes

I totally want to get some Pyure but canā€™t seem to find it anywhere in the UK at the min!

2 Likes

They sell it in healthfood stores.

2 Likes

Ooooh - thanks - will get looking! :smile:

2 Likes

You can order on Amazon as well:

7 Likes

I just got mine from Amazon yesterday! Woot woot!

Funny story (funny to me at least) of how I found the elr forums:
I was a brand spanking new mixer and was having a hard time tasting anything I made (I quickly realized that it was because I was mixing single flavors at 20% and ruining my juice). I had read somewhere that if you add sweetener sometimes it will help bring out the flavor. I didnā€™t want to use sucralose so I googled whether you could vape stevia or not. One of the search results led me here. And then it took me almost 6 freaking months to actually buy any stevia for my mixes. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Do you think this would work?

2 Likes

Yup, it would :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oooh thanks! - Iā€™m so going to order some! Exciting! :smile:

3 Likes

Must grab some of that here too. I use marshmallow atm as sweetener, but it can mute some weak flavorings over time. FAā€™s is the best of the bunch if you do get some.

3 Likes

It would work fine as a straight sweetener.
Pyure has some citrus added that helps those fruits pop, so if you CAN get the Pyure, I recommend it.

2 Likes

I heard that Stevia has also a bitter smell in the background ā€¦ ?

1 Like

Hmmmā€¦ Havenā€™t had that experience myself.

2 Likes

I just got my Pyure Stevia to try in my juice mixes but I havenā€™t used it yet. So I canā€™t speak to its bitterness in vaping. But I can speak to steviaā€™s bitterness when it comes to putting it in my morning coffee. There is definitely a bitterness there if you use too much. I use anywhere from 1 to 3 drops in a 6 to 8 ounce cup of coffee and donā€™t notice any bitterness and it adds a nice touch of sweetness. Anything more than that and you begin to taste a slight bitterness and once you get to 6 or 7 drops the bitterness takes over and is too much for me. Whether that translates over to vaping or not, I donā€™t know yet. Even if it does you probably can get away with it by just being conservative with it in your mixes.

1 Like

you are quite right EM mutes flavours because itā€™s used inside the flavours, usually custard, sweets and MMā€¦ so at the end by the time we add it itā€™s easily overdosed.

3 Likes

what about Erytritol? Fab for fruits, not so much on creams and tobaccosā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ve no experience with straight erytritol. Perhaps someone else here has.

1 Like

@Alisa Erythritol has a lower flash point then Sucralose, means it can work at higher temperatures.
It doesnā€™t gunk your coil as much as Sucralose.
It sweetens more then EM but not as much as Sucralose, percentage to use is between 1>5%.
Doesnā€™t solute well in PG so VG is the way to go @ 7% ( I know they all say 5%) works fairly well.
Donā€™t expect wonders, as I said itā€™s between Sucralose and EM.

2 Likes