Math hurts. :(

How do I calculate the % of VG to add to change a VG/PG ratio from 65/35 to at least 70/30 or higher VG content?

The problem is, the juice I normally make for my son is 65/35 which worked well for his older tank but now in his newer one, it’s leaking. Some of his retail juice is anywhere from 60/40 to 80/20 and he says anything thinner than 70/30 is leaking. We talked about it, he’s not picky about keeping his nic level exactly at 3 and he varies the watts already to get bolder or lighter flavor depending on his mood so the total flavor % isn’t that big a deal either, within reason.

We’re pretty sure that just adding a bit more VG is gonna fix the current issue for the 150 mls I just made for him as well as his favorite retail crap stuff but I’ve been fiddling with the math and now I have a head ache. Is there another calculator out there that lets you add more VG and shows you the resulting ratio? (Not cheating on ELR, just visiting a strip club) Or is there a sliding scale or formula I’m not aware of that I can plug values into? Any help would be so appreciated!

4 Likes

@CosmicTruth is good at figuring out this stuff.

6 Likes

You could use the ejuicemeup calculator:

You can download here:

http://www.ejuice.breaktru.com/

7 Likes

Thanks guys. I’ll look into that other calculator. For my own juice it’ll be easy enough to mix up another 150ml of 80/20 and mix them but that won’t fix his other retail juice, lol.

6 Likes

18 Likes

there is another tab on my calculator to let you spike flavor back in to adjust the total flavor, IF you know the volume and the TF%. some math you may have to trial and error till you get the numbers where you want them.
math does hurt :smile:

8 Likes

Only someone across the galaxy could run these numbers.

8 Likes

Lars taught me everything I know :wink:

5 Likes

You didn’t mention what kind of tank he is using. Most properly wicked atomizers should not leak, regardless of PG/VG ratio. I would double check his wicking technique before anything else.

4 Likes

Thanks again everyone. We’re still considering the best way to go about this. Fixing mine won’t be a problem it’s just a matter of the easiest way. The retail juices especially the 60/40 mix is going to be the trickier one.

4 Likes

If its the typical super flavoured retail juice, i would just add 10%vg.
You could try a tiny test batch and see if its still ok

3 Likes

Let me know if you need help on my calculator, or if you want to just send me the volumes and numbers you want to convert.

for 120ml 3mg liquid if it is 80pg/20vg add 40ml of VG and you will get 60pg/40vg and it would become 160ml of 2.25mg. If I’m entering it wrong let me know or fill out this form:

volume______________ __________PG ____________VG __________mg

desire: __________PG ___________VG

3 Likes

Only for the funny, but…

You do realize that some folks HAVE slept with strippers after a night of “just visiting” a strip club before… Right? :laughing: :rofl: :wink:

2 Likes

It looks like I’ll be giving him some VG and spare bottles so he can adjust it as he sees fit. I’ve advised him to try smaller batches. Thanks again for all your suggestions. :smile:

Some folks? :smiling_imp: Are you sure you’re not speaking from experience?

2 Likes

I have “no idea” what you’re implying here… :angel:

2 Likes