MCT hurts throat vs VG/PG?

When I quit smoking I vaped A LOOOOOTTTTTT, like fell asleep vaping. I preferred VG over PG. I quit vaping too a couple years ago (2 years nic free next month! Woot woot!)

Now I want to try CBD, and pg/vg seem to be out and MCT is in. I think this MCT hurts my throat… Like A LOT. Or is it the cbd? I got some plain USP VG at the grocery store and vaped some of that by itself and it feels great…

Any thoughts or ideas?

3 Likes

It might help a little if you could explain what MCT is.
Maybe it’s just me but I’ve never heard of it.
Enlighten me :smiley:

5 Likes

medium-chain triglycerides
OK to ingest but I’ve read that it may not be safe to vape. Then again, some say it’s better than VG/PG. Personally, I’m staying away from it.

7 Likes

Sounds akin to the shit that was killing folks and damn near destroyed the vaping industry, e-acetate whatever. Not sure how that is “in”? A quick search said “no go” for vaping. Is this some underground fung-gooy-louie thing? To be vaped after eating bats?

8 Likes

Thanks bro, I tried searching MCT but got nothing.

Doesn’t seem safe to vape if you ask me. Maybe that’s what’s making your throat hurt @fogboy

7 Likes

I’m really starting to feel the same thing… from what I’ve been reading, is that oil in general is a no-go for vaping, but MCT oil is different because of chemistry stuff blah blah blah, and the biggest thing to worry about is some type of pneumonia… But you’d have to ridiculously vape ridiculous amounts to get whatever type of pneumonia that is from MCT… Either way, strongly suspecting that I’m not going to try to vape MCT anymore…

8 Likes

Have you tried it sublingual yet?

2 Likes

What does that mean??

3 Likes

Oh under the tongue, yeah that was ok, but I get extremely tense and anxious and vaping/smoking was suggested as a more effective delivery method than orally

6 Likes

It’s commonly used by people following a keto diet (a low or no carb, high protein and healthy fat diet). I tried it while just cutting back on carbs in order to lose 5-10 lbs of belly fat. It worked famously but never have I heard that it should be inhaled. Never inhale oils. Here’s a scientific explanation in layman’s terms if you’re interested.

4 Likes

I’m really surprised none of y’all have heard of mct for vape juice… Do Google it and lemme know what you think

3 Likes

I think most people backed away from vaping it after reading the oil part.

7 Likes

You should not be vaping MCT oil. Its mainly used in oral CBD tinctures.

6 Likes

Absolutely spot on!!

DO NOT vape MCT oil.

5 Likes

100% accurate.

100% horseshit.

That’s your best idea yet. :thumbsup:

6 Likes

Thanks again Robin! Deff sticking with Good old PG/VG from now on. I noticed river supply only sells isolate in PG, everything else they sell premixed is in MCT… Do you know where to get full or broad spectrum in PG or VG?

5 Likes

Yes please do stop vaping MCT immediately

5 Likes

Here is a couple that i have personally tried. If I had to choose, i would choose Summit CBD. for extremely high quality.( 9/10) However, river supply price point is better.(8/10)

4 Likes

Cool thanks for the tip

4 Likes

Just take the CBD orally and then vape unflavored VG (/PG?) for the calming oral satisfaction while the CBD absorbs/metabolizes.

8 Likes