MDS for Red Burley (Flavorah)

I’m not saying that Red Burley is harming my health but after mixing a recipe with 2.5% which is higher than I normally would, I noticed an irritable sensation on the periphery of my tongue. I decided to investigate it’s MDS on the Flavorah website and found this. Then I searched the chemicals. Sounds pretty rough, lol. I’m referring to the benzaldehyde and the propyl acetate.

With that said, if we didn’t have the PMTAs to thank, we would still have NET vendors in business who offered natural, quality products. You bet I’d be using a Burley NET if it was available. I’m talking about the ones that were fully and properly concentrated. Not companies like Black Note, for instance.

2 Likes

Have you tried the Stixx Mixx Aged Burley? It’s actually really good flavor. It tastes more like actual tobacco than many of the Flavorah Tobacco.

2 Likes

It should taste realistic, it’s an NET, right? I haven’t tried their Burley but I’ve tried their Cavendish and wasn’t impressed, it was very weak. But this was comparing it to N-E-T products which were excellent (before they went bust). I suppose I’ll just have to boost the pct and see what I find. Thanks for the recommendation, though, I’ve been wanting to try their Whiskey Cavendish and I may as well get the Burley while I’m at it.

I know that people rave about FLV’s tobacco flavors and they do a decent job just like other companies do but let’s face it, no artificial tobacco flavor can hold a candle to NET. I find that if they can be manipulated right, they are useful but getting it right is hard work vs just using a NET. That’s just my take on it, anyway.

1 Like