Mechlyfe XRP rta, and paramour sbs I guess

The XRP came today, neat little setup, seems best true mtl, rdl, extra dual coil deck and pnp bridge for the smrt rebuildable mesh coils I love, or voopoo pnp coils if in a pinch (the wotofo smrt coils need a few mins of filing the bottom edge to make them fit in this bridge, first I’ve found in a lot of voopoo devices but didn’t try the abyss yet so I expect it could be the same) . So it’s got a little screw dial to adjust the inner air intake to the coil, maybe point 8 to 2mm, a 2nd post to go rdl with 2 slots for coil air slots, and bought the dual coil deck too with sligtky bigger dual slots under each coil. The airflow ring outside has the same point 8 to maybe 2mm or all the way over to a ~2x8mm wide slot for rdl. Thought the flavor folk here could appreciate all this most. Came with paramour advanced kit, the dual coil deck was an extra $8. Feels but better than the berserker and mini, never a big mtl guy so can’t really say I’m an expert

The paramour is a really tiny sbs mod for 21700 too, shocked how small, takes a 25mm tank, all on the up and up so far but haven’t explored anything besides power mode. Fit and finish of both are great for me

6 Likes

Just be careful when taking off atomizer … My 510 plate came loose and it just would spin as I tried to get the rta off… As it spins it twists the wires inside… I managed to fix it once by replacing and re soldering wires … But it happened again and the rta would not come off… I will have to break the mod to get the rta off… So it will no longer be a mod… I did love the mod … It looked sexy with a matching unity rta on it… But in all honesty that should not have happened. And mechlyfe has lousy customer service… Just a heads up… I’ve heard a few ppl complain about this issue.

2 Likes

Dang, thanks so much for the reminder! I had an ipv mod do that years ago, they warrantied it once and the new one also did it. Gotta be extra careful, I marked it so I can see if it spins. That was hard, once it spins the wires become tangled and can pull loose, I epoxied it once but didn’t hold, it is a flawed design if there’s no nut to tighen under the 510 and was dangerous imo.

I’ve got torx screws on the deck and bottom, but with an atomizer on it i can’t think how I’d salvage it, have to break the mod I guess and hope you can resolder and attach the 510, what a bummer, hopefully with your reminder I can make it work for couple years but yeah totally bullshit in this day and age for that much money especially for a compact mod that’s obviously meant to be easy to carry around and get jostled. Thank you so much again!

3 Likes

Do you happen to remember was there a nut under the plate to tighten it? Any way to maybe put thread lock glue on it or even solder

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure there wasn’t which is why I couldn’t get it to stay tight…

2 Likes

But I thought about epoxy but wasn’t sure how it would work with heat…

2 Likes

Thnx. Goddamn you, mechlyfe… The XRP is working out pretty great though, flavor is good. I etched little lines in my 510 so I can see if it ever spins

2 Likes

Epoxy would work great. Make sure your surface areas are clean and free of PG/Vg. Clean with alcohol and scuff both surface’s with sandpaper (220).

3 Likes