Medicine Flower Tasting Notes

While it probably is best to refrigerate, I have always left mine out with the rest of the flavors. I have some that are 3 years old and still kick ass. Not a huge gamble.

The only time I had something smell or taste off were new purchases on clearance sales, or obviously old stock from ecx. They could have been 5 years old for all I know, before I bought them.

6 Likes

Thanks again guys for all the info and help.:+1:t2::clap:

4 Likes

Hello strangers. I have a question about MF. Sorry if this has been asked already, for I did a quick search first, yet came up empty…

Did MF reformulate a few of their flavors? I know they came out with a few more lines, but after buying strawberry for the first time in a year or so, it is VERY different. I’m not sure how to describe it, but it doesn’t smell like SB anymore, and it really doesn’t taste like it, either. I remember this flavor being one of the weaker ones, yet had a great SB flavor. Now it has a strong medicine-y/chemically/candy-ish “something”. It fades a bit after a long steep, but it is most definitely not the flavor I used to love. The label is also different on all the ones I bought from GEB

I also notice the vanilla is just a touch different, with that same “something” the SB has. Thankfully, it isn’t enough to notice in a vape, and it seems to be only on the initial smell.

Anyways, it’s been a while since I have had to buy MF, especially SB, but I will not be buying this one again. If it ain’t broke…!

Later gator skaters

6 Likes

They chaanged their entire Line … Silver line is their Super duper strong and Premium is closest to the Original …Tbe new ones I have tried are close enough for me to call them the same , as far as the SB I quit buying that long ago …If you would like I could calm Alysia and see whats up with the SB …One thing she has told me is that no batch is ever the same but close enough that people cant tell …

7 Likes

Just out of curiosity, have you ever tried the same flavor in both strengths? I wonder if the taste would change or just the intensity.

4 Likes

Here it is, and I was surprised too.

5 Likes

I have not … I’ll stick to the premium line bc its closest to the Original

5 Likes

Nah, no need but thank you. I still buy blueberry on a regular basis, and outside of the new label, no change there. I just needed to fill my order up with more MF flavors, which I had just about all of them, outside of SB. I never bought it in the past because there were cheaper options, since the MF took me 2% or more to slightly taste it. This bottle though… Not even close in the slightest. It really doesn’t even taste of fruit, just a strong astringent like flavor. Very odd.

Being in the culinary world, this is a very strange thing for a business to say. Consistency is HUGE in this field. Even if something varies only slightly, that’s a risky way to run your product. I wonder what changed, since there wasn’t an issue to begin with.

Thanks @fidalgo_vapes

7 Likes

Other flavor companies too, change batch by batch, but normally it is so subtle you do not realize it.
If you compare a 3yr old bottle to a new bottle… you will notice a difference :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Other than changing their formulation into 3 different new lines, dealing with real extracts, your’e getting a new crop of Strawberries to make fresh extract, maybe buying from different suppliers in different regions based on supply. Kind of how the Strawberries in produce markets taste different from week to week or month to month, different seasons, etc.

5 Likes

@DarthVapor I shiuld have added this part to my statement about batches not being the same so sorry …and ty Smoky

4 Likes

There was an explanation why they were changing…I cant find it though

3 Likes

Such a great flavor…I justrecently grabbed Grapefruit and Apricot for the first time :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Kiwi is another one that grew on me big time!!

6 Likes

Yes…Chrispdx sid that as well…ill have to remember and grab that next tine …Did you kniw that River Supply has some pretty good MF in their clearance fir half off ??? And the 15ml bottles are actually 15ml lol

7 Likes

Ooops i was showing yiuer notes and it quoted lmao

3 Likes

Old thread but just jumping on the MF wagon…any suggestions on what % to start SFT vanilla, coffee, red apple, and banana at? I have searched this thread but my search skills must suck.

6 Likes

I did most of my tests between 0.75 and 1.0% @scifoc. Not sure on the coffee, maybe start that one at 0.5%.

6 Likes

okay wasn’t sure about the coffee as it is reportedly very strong. Thanks! Notes on MF still seem kind of sparse. I thought they would be more widely used.

5 Likes

OK, well that’s GOOD intel. Smell it an dsee how it smells. I tested the Lemon at 0.25% but that one was probably one of the strongest MF’s. You could even go down to 0.3-0.4% if it smells really strong. The others should be fine between 0.75 and 1.0%.

5 Likes