Memorial Day Remembering those who have fallen

It’s a holiday, but not everyone knows what it represents.

14 Likes
9 Likes

The 11th of November is the day for Brits and the Commonwealth. Those of us who understand the horror of war and the level of sacrifice made treat it with great solemnity.

11 Likes

last year’s

10 Likes

It is condensed but it starts with marches from the veterans, the Queen’s Guard marking the start and end of the silence with a cannon shot and playing the ‘Last Post’ after the silence. Then, poppy (or regional flower) wreaths are laid in order of hierarchy. As the Queen had joint issues, Charles laid the wreath for her.

7 Likes

Thank you for this this is good

4 Likes

My youngest son was delivered by cesarean section on November 11. I begged the doctor to remove him at exactly 11:00 am. Both he and my wife thought I was nuts. Instead, he was delivered at 8:30. I wonder how many even know the significance of the 11th hour of that day.

8 Likes

@natbone that would be the END of World War I, on the 11th day, of the 11th month @ 1100. Veteran’s Day fna Armistice Day.

5 Likes

I should have qualified that statement to most under 40. My wife wasn’t impressed with waiting 2.5 hours just because I liked the idea.

6 Likes

Hehe, roger that @natbone.

Happy Wife, Happy Life ?

5 Likes

Spamming a thread for the fallen is a rather low move.

4 Likes

I might be mistaken but did you mean to reply to the one above his?

4 Likes

Nope. I intended it for the one I replied to as it is glaringly obvious that this is a placeholder post for spam.

I doubt that someone joins the forums and then instantly posts on a thread which has been inactive for the best part of a year, when it is the wrong month of the year to be posting there.

That got my beard’s bullshit detector flailing.

6 Likes

Yeah ok. Good catch!

6 Likes

An odd post / topic to spam on.

8 Likes

And …

Snap 2023-04-07 at 14.51.38

7 Likes

Spamming on a thread like this shows total lack of respect and common decency in my eyes.

8 Likes

He looks like a nicox! :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Hey there! Memorial Day is a somber but important day to remember and honor those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country. It’s a time to reflect on their bravery and selflessness, and to offer our gratitude for their service.

If you’re looking for a meaningful way to honor and remember those who have fallen, have you heard of the Morris Monument? It’s a beautiful memorial site that provides a lasting tribute to loved ones, regardless of their circumstances. It’s a powerful way to keep their memory alive and ensure that their sacrifice is never forgotten. Let’s take a moment today to remember and honor those who have given everything for our country.

1 Like