Mental Health and Vaping

The topic is mental health and vaping not mental health and chicken - The link you made is tenuous at best Doug please stay on topic

3 Likes

@woftam, I thought it was common for people to lose weight vaping? I never asked actually. I was able to lose 30lbs because of it. I was simply offering her something I liked to eat after I started vaping that helped me.

I asked in a later post about it.

Losing weight (if common or rare) does make people feel better about themselves. I really thought it was common. I never asked.

Now, for this post, I would like to add 1 thing thatā€™s a negative mental and physical aspect of vaping. Iā€™m SCARED!!! All of the sudden my blood pressure has sky rocketed!!! Iā€™m on blood pressure medication that was working. I stopped at the vape shop and they told me they had heard others afraid about theirs because they didnā€™t know what was happening.

I donā€™t know if itā€™s a mental health issue but Iā€™m scared if I have to stop vaping from this then itā€™s back to something else and I donā€™t want that. So I have to add fear as a possible mental health issue. I cut my nic level by more than 1/2 tonight from fear. If that doesnā€™t work, Iā€™m gonna cut it again. Iā€™m petrified. my bp 2 hrs ago was 149/93 with a resting heart beat of 69. Thatā€™s high! it may be a physical thing but itā€™s messing with me mentally, thatā€™s for sure. so if this doesnā€™t count as mental health then please just delete it?

sorry if the recipe wasnā€™t part of this. Same with the fear. Physical aspects can mess with you mentally and either keep you doing it or make you quit.

1 Like

Hey @Caped_Conspirathist
Sorry youā€™re feeling fearful - that is not a nice place to be, I know, I become fearful a bit with the anxiety.
Please take a deep breath and try to be calmā€¦
Try to write down your fears so that you can research them a bit moreā€¦

From what I read below - resting heart rate of 69 is not high.
Just some info for you about resting heart-rate - itā€™s from the Australian site below but sourced from USAā€¦

What is a normal resting heart rate?

For adults, a normal resting heart rate ranges between 60 and 100 beats a minute.

https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/resting-heart-rate

2 Likes

@Sevencasper, the heart rate isnt but the systolic (the higher # is above norm and I have a headache to add to it). The headache is from the high blood pressure. (just adding that)

1 Like

Sorry @Caped_Conspirathist I am not a medical professional - if you are concerned you should seek proper medical advice :hugs:

3 Likes

@Sevencasper, Itā€™s ok, I was almost an RN after I wanted out of Engineering (more school lol). Itā€™s not as high as it was. If I lower the nic content a lot (which I haveā€¦ I should have known) my BP meds should bring it down in 2-3 days. Iā€™m in danger of a stroke though if it keeps climbing. I thought it was a mental health issue though because itā€™s stopped others from vaping because they were afraid. Itā€™s why I donā€™t like the low watt sub-ohm tanks. The higher wattage coils vaporize more juice in a puff so you get more nicotine in each puff than at 70-80w. The coils on this thing are also built to handle that many watts. Iā€™m going to be mixing everything from vg-pg-nic content so I will be able to control my intake better. Itā€™s still scary if it doesnā€™t come down.

It may be an issue with the FDA but I imagine you can smoke enough cigarettes to do the same. Iā€™m just not getting all the other poisons and Iā€™ve been educated (wooo- hooooā€¦ Itā€™s not a big thing. Just means you spent money) about them. I am doing a BP monitoring thing for the FDA so they can see what heart disease does. Itā€™s a volunteer survey and I donā€™t list that Iā€™m a vaper.

Thank you though for trying to calm me down though. being frightened this fast would scare the ā€¦ out of someone who didnā€™t understand. I just need it to come down is all. 130/84 a moderate normal. 123/84 would be really good normal range. I knowā€¦ why do you care about that info lmao.

Thank you again. I know youā€™re trying to help.

2 Likes

Thankyou for clarifying - Iā€™m glad you know what is actually going on.

No harm done - at least their is a reply now with some info for others about resting heart rate (if anyone ever searches for it) :smiley:

2 Likes

@Sevencasper, take 149/88. the 149 is when your heart is contracting (squeezing) 1/2 way through a heartbeat and the 88 is when your heart rests (the last 1/2) after. Your pulse rate would be another # all together (yeahā€¦ I know right??? like you care??? lmao.) This isnā€™t mental health though. Not unless people know what those #s mean.

Fear is a big factor with smoking and vaping especially when the Dr sayā€™s ā€œboy your blood pressure is really highā€ It can scare someone back to smoking (which is weird because they started vaping out of fear)

2 Likes

17 posts were split to a new topic: Advocacy Motivators