Mental Health and Vaping

This was a pretty cool article about mental health and vaping https://filtermag.org/by-ignoring-vaping-mental-health-organizations-abandon-vulnerable-people/ The article talks about people with psychiatric disorders and how they are harmed by tobacco smoking and how vaping can help them. So hey, if you need a mental health day, just enjoy vaping :wink:

13 Likes

I do that every day :rofl:

Seriously tho, I am much less anxious since I stopped smoking/started vaping, so in general much happier.
I saw a psychologist for a while a few years back, diagnosed anxiety, depression & PTSD symptoms. Put on meds, advised to reduced caffeine, sugar and stop smoking.
Did all but the smoking - just could not give it away!! - it was my few minutes throughout the day where I would actually practice ā€œmindfulnessā€ but didnā€™t know it at the time.

Vaping has helped me a great deal :smiley:

Just wish our health dept would listen to the psychiatrists :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

I wish these doctors would look at anything in a scientific way but when you have the public health giving bad advice they listen. I think we probably all need a mental health day with all the worries about our vaping being taken away. Sorry about the anxiety, depression, PTSD wish there was some great cure for those :frowning:

6 Likes

Me tooā€¦

No way, two weeks more like, so we can prep full-time :smiley:

Weā€™ve just got to use our negative energy in a positive way!! Most days anyway :wink:

5 Likes

There nothing worse than feeling like an elephant is sitting on your chest (anxiety) and going to the hospital to find out you just had an anxiety attack, thank God for Xanax LOL. I know some people are against that drug but it does allow me to not feel like Iā€™m having a heart attack on a daily basis

7 Likes

It sounds like both of you would be good candidates for medical cannabis.
PTSD especially is on the approved list for getting a medical card, depending on your state laws of course.

7 Likes

A lot of people have talked about it being great for anxiety, Zen. Iā€™ve tried CBD a few times but that didnā€™t help with my panic attacks ā€¦ not sure what Alabama law is on medical cannabis, but my doc has never brought it up and yeah Iā€™ll be honest heā€™s a sweet Christian guy and I donā€™t want him looking at me funny if I bring it up ROFLMAO

3 Likes

Thankfully I have only had one that bad & I was at work (a hospital) so got checked & went home.
As for meds, use what makes you feel better, I say. In combination with lifestyle changes they work for me. I am a on a seroquel slow release once a day - it is an anti-psychotic & works well to subdue ā€œintrusive thoughtsā€ - for me anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion, I have never considered this & know that it different to street gear but I have an aversion due to bad experiences in my youth (god, that makes me sound old) :rofl:

4 Likes

Iā€™m allergic to it when itā€™s burned. I can handle the stuff but for some reason I break out in hives when itā€™s being burnt near me. Maybe whatever it is that makes me ill from it doesnā€™t penetrate the skin?

3 Likes

Naaahhh. It could be worseā€¦ See what he does when you tell him youā€™re pregnant and itā€™s his babyā€¦ lmao

2 Likes

@authormichellehughes Itā€™s a shed IV benzodiazepine derivative (I blinded you with science!!! lmao!) . If you do get addicted to them, supposedly itā€™s a pretty rough trip to get past the withdraw. Iā€™m on clonazapamā€¦ same class different derivative. (whooo- hooo!!! big smart words!!!)

4 Likes

@authormichellehughes, I had a psychiatrist who would go study the indigenous populations of primitive cultures (south america?). He said that as he studied them, he found they showed no symptoms of any of the issues our society does. He felt it was the fast paced, long working conditions coupled with technology that caused the issues we have in this country.

Brilliant man actually. He was the 1st Dr to help me with my bi-polarism.

4 Likes

ROFLMAO well I already use Triazolam for dentist appointments so might not need any more of those. Afraid that ship has sailed my baby making days are over SNORTSā€¦ and I think the five I have are enough anyway

3 Likes

YOU DON"T TEEEELLLL HIM THAAAAAT! Even if he thinks thatā€™s the case, there will be a Kodak moment there somewhere!!! :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

Ah yesā€¦ Kodak momentsā€¦ make your memories lastā€¦ lmao!!!

3 Likes

LOLOLOL well we go to church together and I know his wife so um I gotta pass on doing that one.

2 Likes

sometimes I wonder if vaping helps with the oral fixation humans have? like eating calms the nerves, itā€™s sorta something like that? I think stress eating is rather common personally. oh!!! that reminds me!!! I have butter flavored popcorn!!! :grin:

1 Like

yeeeaaahhh that may be more than the Kodak will allow lmao!!!

2 Likes

I absolutely know it did for me, Doug. Thatā€™s the main reason I was able to switch the first day from smoking to vaping. That hand to mouth thing when youā€™ve smoked for 30+ years is a habit thatā€™s really hard to break. I try not to stress eat these days and choose vaping over that LOL

2 Likes

Iā€™m on that tooā€¦ as an anti-epileptic (nocturnal epilepsy) 20+ years & no seizures, hate to think what will happen when I have to come off that!! :thinking:

Sorry to hear that Doug, I hope youā€™re managing :wink:

I think it does too, one less thing to give up when youā€™re quitting :smiley:

3 Likes

If I may be so bold as to suggest something? I found that cooking a couple of boneless, skinless chicken breasts then sectioning them out to make several salads helped me fantastically. IDK if you know this trick but if you put a dry paper towel or 2 in with your letuce or what they call the ā€œgarden saladā€ here in a zip lock bag, it lasts about 10-20 times longer!

I didnā€™t believe it at first myself but after I saw it, I was convinced. I kinda ball it up loosely and stick it in the bag. It doesnā€™t work well with other vegetables but lettuce mixes or plain lettuce and cabbage it does!

Hope this helps you (oh, use any salad dressing you want. start in small sections and put a dab in, then stir to coat. Then add another layer and do the same).

Ok, now tell me to shut up and you knew that already. (hey, some women get mad if a man tells them how to cook!!! I wasnā€™t telling!!! It was merely a subliminal message you thought you saw in print on the screen. None of what you think you see here is real. Youā€™re asleepā€¦ Youā€™re asleep ā€¦ Youā€™re asleepā€¦

Is this actually selling or should I just stop while Iā€™m ahead??? :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

1 Like