Meringue flavoring

Never used this flavor but I love custard and bakery flavors
I looked at the notes on meringue fa and some people say after 2014 the flavor has changed for the worse
Is there a better one out there
Anyone have experience with mixing this one
Also I have seen many recipes with it in it I would like to try
Thanks Chris

5 Likes

I can’t relate to HIC’s comments about the old vs new FA Meringue. I will say the new one is very good though and has it’s place in many, many recipes.

5 Likes

It just changed in profile, not for the worst LOL. FA added a burnt sugar note that is supposed to give the torch meringue flavor. It is fine used at 1% and to me gives a caramel note on into 2% and nothing tastes burnt. It works great for me in many recipes and is excellent used in fruity cereal recipes. If I don’t want the extra caramel note, I just use TFA Meringue and it is great too. Both are must haves for me, I love them both equally…

4 Likes

Yeah like everyone’s said fa meringue is epic in mixes,wouldn’t ever really go above 2%. As you like bakery flavors i would def recommend, Lau.

4 Likes

Thanks
I will try them both tfa and fa
then see which fits in each of my mixes

4 Likes

I second @SthrnMixer comment , i guess iwould ask HIC why it is still the number 1 choice for many people we consider reputable in this community i also use tfa though and dont see much difference ive mixed the same recipe using both and couldnt tell the difference

3 Likes

I think you should try it for yourself before you write it off. You just may be hooked ! It is an awesome addition to a crunch cereal give a sweetness to milk that’s hard to replicate otherwise especially if you bring it up a notch and use it in the 1.50-1.75% with some dairy milk and then add your fruity flavors you like with whatever crunch cereal your aiming for if you use a crunch flavor concentrate i.e. silly rabbit TFA.

tasty stuff !

it gives this recipe the name it’s titled powdered sugar the fruit could be any fruit I bet ( that gives me an idea to adapt this one of my own ) anyway love this one but it’s sweet so just be warned :smile: http://tjek.nu/r/2cdk

3 Likes