Miami Vice DIY One Shot Naming Convention

@fidalgo_vapes Sorry if this isnt in the right place.

So im trying to figure out what to do with these flavors. They are one shots from

DIY One Shot or
(DIY One Shot) or
(DOS)

What do we think?

7 Likes

Hmmm, good one Ken. We can confuse DIY with DIYFS, or OSDIY, hmmmmā€¦

(DIY)IOneShot) Flavor ??

5 Likes

I think Maybe @TorturedZen would be a good person to figure this out with so he knowsā€¦

6 Likes

We need @TorturedZen (or Fiddy). :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Like minds, @fidalgo_vapes, like minds.

4 Likes

The company list them like this

Flavor Name - Diy one shots

I think

Flavor Name - (Diy-ejuice) (One Shots)

3 Likes

I asked him but he may be away. Trying to put this one to bed so that @ladycrooks can get away from the 1 star bandit, hehe.

4 Likes

Iā€™m currently in a discussion with a mixer that used the data base entry with the most recipes listed (57) and got their recipe down ratedā€¦

It probably should be:
Miami Vice (DIY) One Shots
But thatā€™s not in the data base

7 Likes

I can change flavor names easy enough. I dont have a lot of permissions on that side but i do have some.

5 Likes

This is fine if all their ones shots are all Miami Vice ā€¦Im good with it, except there is individual flavor names as well Like

Root Beer
Banana

This why i suggested this

5 Likes

There are quite a few different flavors of these one shots.

3 Likes

In That case i would go

Root Beer- (Diy-ejuice.com) ( One Shots )

Not sure if we need the .com up to you @Ken_O_Where

3 Likes

Id like to wait and see what TZ thinks, personally it doesnt really matter to me as ill likely never try them.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve asked very nicely guys Iā€™m not a bitchy girl. Unless I feel backed into a corner. Iā€™m actually a happy person

Thatā€™s when I turn bitchā€¦
ā€¦the only answer I get is check the flavor book whichi have n get this

4 Likes

Now Iā€™m not Wasting 1 more second on this tonight.
If someone has the answer plz help me out

2 Likes

I know that face, its the one my wife makes when i fart in front of her. hehe

Seriously tho, we are working on it. I know the flavor database is a hot topic but there isnt a whole lot i can do. Only Lars has full access. I want to make sure that there is some consensus on the name, ive been gone a long time and dont want to screw shit up.

Weā€™ll get it all worked out.

7 Likes

Itā€™s the one I get when ANOTHER vape purchase arrives on the doorstep.
Normally accompanied with ā€œyou donā€™t need anymore!ā€

Yes dear.

6 Likes

Iā€™m not sure what you mean ā€˜asked very nicelyā€™ā€¦maybe I missed something?
ā€œMiami Vice DIY One Shotā€ is how you have it entered. I commented twice to please indicate a manufacturer name. You deleted the comments both times and did nothing else. Please donā€™t say you feel backed into a corner when you didnā€™t even respond!

3 Likes

On a similar thought/topicā€¦this thread is only a small example of the naming problems. There are many many more flavors being entered, or already exist with nothing more than a flavor name. I have given up trying to find out what, if anything, Lars is going to do or when a fix will be applied. Because he holds the keys to the wide-open front door and it needs to be locked down.

7 Likes

We all know the database is wrecked and ill be honest, there is no possible way that i can even put a dent in it. Im not investing that much of my time on something thats just going to get wrecked again, im not looking for that kind of stress. All i am able to do is fix the most common flavor issues so that people dont get their recipes down voted.

If someone sees a recipe with screwed up names shoot me a message with the recipe and ill fix it as soon as i can. This is what i would prefer. I was telling TZ that, in my estimation, 2/3s of the flavors names are shit.

3 Likes