Mike Vapes Recurve V2

I brought 2 Recurve V2’s recently and thought I’d let everyone know my thoughts.

In the box- the Recurve v2 with the dual coil PEEK insert installed. A bag of spares including the single coil PEEK insert, o-rings, grub screws, a squonk pin, a coiling rod, a screwdriver. Another bag with 3 coils, 2 3mm and 1 5mm all ni80. You also get a bag of shoelace cotton, 2 3 mm pieces and a 5mm piece. Also a user pamphlet.

The deck is a postless deck that can house single coil or dual coil. The barrel is curved like the original Recurve and has cyclops styled airflow, which, with the inserts turns in into honeycomb styled airflow. The top cap is what you will open and close the airflow with and then there’s a wide bored 810 drip tip, but you can put any other non proprietary drip tip that you’d like.

My first one I built a dual coil build in. I cut my leads on a coily tool at 7.5. Mike Vapes suggests between 7.5 and 8mm. The juice well is deep and can hold roughly 2 ml of liquid. I cut my cotton at the 2nd o-ring, combed it out and tucked it. The airflow is smooth. I got great flavor, and I think this was a recurve dual killer.

The second one I got was for single coil. They included coils, but I used my own. I put a 3.5 mm alien and cut the leads at 7.5mm but didn’t get the best flavor (I’m now using the single coil insert) so I pulled my coil up to probably 8mm. It cleared the insert so it was fine. The flavor was ok. I’m not too too impressed with the single coil. The airflow is still smooth, I just don’t think it’s as good as dual coil. The flavor isn’t as good for me so I closed down the top row of airflow and it’s a little better.

Mike Vapes suggests separating your cotton down the middle for dual and for single opposite ends to let the juice flow down into the well…great idea! I found I didn’t need to stuff the well tight with cotton, just a light comb out.

EDIT-I forgot to mention the tolerance on the o-rings for the barrel becomes loose as liquid condensates around the airflow insert. So try not to grab the rda by the top can when picking it up or setting it down. The top cap will slide off. It’s an easy fix for me, I’ll occasionally wipe the inside. It could be a con for some.

All in all, I think the Recurve v2 is a good rda. The dual coil on the V2 is certainly a Recurve Dual killer and almost kills the original! Wotofo gives all the extras as usual.

16 Likes

Nice…Ty for the info…I like the original and still have one unopened. I never got the dual but was thinking about this one . If the flavor is as good as the original Single Coil version ill grab one

5 Likes

VERY nicely done @Lynda_Marie. Loved the pics, details, and your thoughts on this. I think it’s time for you to review MORE now. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks for all the useful info, I just got one of these but I haven’t even gotten around to opening it yet because I bought several more RDA/RTAs at the same time in my never ending quest of what works best for me. But I always find stuff like this helpful.

5 Likes

Thank you for the review. It was concise and informative. I’ve acquired several toppers configured for single coil and agree with your opinion on flavor vs dual coil. It’s not quite the same even though some can be real cloud chuckers.

4 Likes

You’re welcome! I’m pretty exited about it. It’s as good, in my opinion, as the original, in dual coil mode.

1 Like

I definitely will. I’m keeping my eye out for the Fat Rabbit solo. I absolutely love the Original dual coil. Thank you @SessionDrummer! I’m far from a professional reviewer but I’ve done a lot of Wotofo products in the past on FB and IG but unfortunately they aren’t catering to the US market like that anymore. The last thing I got from them was the MDura and the MDura mini kits…and disposables, but I’ll keep the disposable opinions to myself lol

3 Likes

I’m glad you found it useful. I hear you on the many new items but some are repeats from Steam Crave having BOGO sales lol The recurve V2 is definitely a quick and easy build! I’d love to hear your thoughts when you try it!

3 Likes

Thank you! I’m really enjoying the rda, so I wanted to share. I’ve been on an rta/rdta run for a while but this rda has been in my daily rotation.

4 Likes

I’ve actually only been vaping for about 9 months now, so I feel like I’m behind the eight ball trying to find what works best for me. Even then, it started as me trying to buy some disposables for my daughter, then I heard about the ban and decided to buy myself a few (just in case), and my story unfolds from there (I would continue, but there’s a separate thread for that). So anyway, from disposables, to pods, to PnP, and eventually RDAs. Because of the shipping ban I trying to use a little practicality when shopping. Some of the stuff that I order (like most of the Steam Crave stuff), I don’t really feel like I’m there yet, but it’s there when I am ready, just in case I can’t find/get some of this stuff when I am ready. In the meantime, I’m enjoying my journey, finding what works for ME vs what some YouTube reviewer liked. So, reviews like yours help me get a feel for certain things, because they seem more personal :blush: Thank you

6 Likes

You’re very welcome! I’m more than happy to help when I can. There are a lot of helpful people on this forum so definitely ask questions if you have them. I stocked up before the ban. I live in Massachusetts where the ecig tax is 75% lol As far as YouTube reviewers I only watch a couple who I know don’t get paid to review. @WendyVapes and Vaping Bogan, both will tell you the good and bad.

6 Likes

I know it’s not great, and I wish I lived in one of the states with no vape tax, but if you ever need me to order and send ya anything, don’t hesitate to ask. My state is a little better (12.5%). :+1:t2:

5 Likes

Much appreciated! 12.5 is way better that 75! We are trying to better our health and they are seeing $$$ signs :confused:

5 Likes

I could kind of tell this was gonna be better for dual coils. For some reason Wotofo wants people to use giant 5 or 6mm single coils. I’m not gonna do that lol.

That deck makes me scratch my head. Not sure why they didn’t leave the middle open for dripping. As far as squonking goes, I’ve always liked to be able to see what’s going on with my liquid. I don’t watch it every time I squonk but I like to be able to.

3 Likes

The way the deck is situated when you drip the liquid will go right down into the well. It’s curved. That’s why Mike suggests separating the cotton after you wick it so the liquid can go right down in. Below the deck is an open space (for squonking) so the liquid flows right through therefore having the ability to hold so much liquid…if that makes since. After work I’ll take a photo at a different angle to show you.

1 Like

Pardon my coils and cotton lol I’ve rewicked twice, I haven’t put it down. But I lifted my cotton to show you the juice flows underneath from each side and the second picture is how the deck is curved so when you drip the juice flows to the middle, and then goes right down in between your cotton.

5 Likes

Packed with good information, and well written, @Lynda_Marie you’ve left me with no excuse to not go back and checkout with the one I found on sale just this morning. Thank’s! :wink: from northern CT.

4 Likes

Thank you! It’s definitely an enjoyable vape. I’m usually not a daily rda person, but I haven’t put the dual coil one down since I got it. I have 4 set ups going right now and the Recurve 2 is one of them. I’m from south coast Massachusetts. Practically neighbors lol :relaxed:

3 Likes