Milk Frother

No need for a milk frother…Get a $10.00 dremel tool…put a 1/8 inch drill bit on it…Get some drink stir straws at Meijer…cut straw in half or longer depending on size of your bottle…cut a 1/4 to 1/2 inch slit at the end of straw…slip straw onto drill bit…you’re good to go…and slender straw allows frothing, no matter how small the bottle opening is…remove straw, and proceed to next mix…no cleaning, no mess…very efficient and inexpensive… I got my dremel tool for $10.00 at Harbor Freight…

5 Likes

Thanks, I was thinking along those lines in the meantime. I’m not so keen on using straws, too much plastic polluting our oceans already. I’m playing around with some reusable 22g wire to make my own mixing bits that I can put on my drill. It’ll involve some cleaning but it’s better than a tennis elbow from shaking :slight_smile:
DIY all the way.

2 Likes

I don’t get it, all this frothing and drilling.
I make my mixes in a 16 ounce plastic bottle with squirt tip AND CAP. I make the mix, then cap the bottle, and drop in a sink of hot water. Then I shake the bajeebus out of it.
Then I squirt it into the bottles I want it in.
Are y’all thinking that frothing (which I did early on with my liquid barn starter kit) helps to reduce steep time?

2 Likes

i never use heat and never will

Nope, if you mix for friends too, you don’t want to end up with an injury from all the shaking…

2 Likes

@anon28032772 I got that one after watching a YT DIYer use it and it works fine for what it is. I’ve done 75/25 120’s with it. Very doable.

2 Likes

with ultras however… frothing will make the gases escape and you need the gasses to help mature the flavor…

do as you wish, but those of us know better than to froth.

3 Likes

So i must rather shake before i froth cause i always thought if i do froth it will evaporate the strong taste it sometimes gives me did not think of it that way @anon84779643 better to heat shake and steep?

3 Likes

I’m open to other solutions that are easier on the elbows than shaking…

3 Likes

heat will kill your nic and flavors… Frothing is not a good idea… shake it well, after it is capped and leave it alone in a cool dark place and you will be fine.

3 Likes

I only drop the mixing bottle into hot tap water for long enough to make a label and grab the bottle its going in, just to loosen up the vg.

2 Likes

not really needed, either… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If only I wasn’t too cheap for this

3 Likes

I had that one and a few others, and you are not missing a thing…

it’s actually again, harder on the ultras… just like frothing.

but hey if others like to do it, I wont stop them.

2 Likes

Usually tennis elbow spontaneously recovers within 1 to 2 years in 80 to 90% of patients. So if you’re a bit unlucky or have bad genes, you’re in for the long run.

This is a serious injury and should not be taken lightly. My wife has gotten it at work from having to lift delivery boxes, 9 months now and still no sign of recovery. Doctors have given her time off work, all kinds of braces, medication and creams and even one crazy doctor gave her steroid injections which caused extreme pain, permanent skin pigmentation and muscle mass loss. On top of it, it cost us quite some money already and we don’t yet see the light at the end of the tunnel.

To avoid all that crap (because I can feel it when I mix/shake a lot), I will take a little hit on the ultras. Flavor may be important, but it doesn’t trump your health.

3 Likes

Again, that is all on you… good luck and I hope your wife heals…

2 Likes