Missing Flavour in Citrus Menthol Mix

Been mixing various proportions of Lemon / Lime / Menthol / Peppermint with a total flavour concentrate content of around 20% in 70 / 30 (VG / PG) - also, as an ex smoker I added small nicotine content.

But there’s something missing. I’m looking to add something like the lemon meringue pie flavour but without the extra lemon. Some kind of eggy pastry or tart flavour perhaps?
Any suggestions.

5 Likes

I don’t know if this is what you mean, but flavour art apple pie is a great pastry/crumble at 2-3%, and if you want eggy, inawera custard came to mind. Maybe around 2-3% too.

5 Likes

FA custard has a citrus back note. Egg custard by WF would work as it has a slight citrus note to it.

6 Likes

Thanks Delltrapp
Yeah - I’m looking for a pastry and/or eggy custard flavour to add - but no extra citrus flavours and no more sweetness

3 Likes

Thanks Lynda_Marie
If it’s only a slight citrus note then that may work (or I suppose I could just adjust my lemon/lime content accordingly)

3 Likes

Maybe you could share which flavors in which percentages you are using. This makes it much easier for giving proper recommendations.

5 Likes

Thanks Steve
Mix I’m currently trying as follows (but I keep tweaking proportions and sometimes swap - e.g. a spearmint for the peppermint):
Dilutant @ 65/36 (VGPG)
Nicotine Base - negligible but at 70/30 mix
Lemon Tart (Dinner Lady) - 4.17%
Lime (CAP) - 4.17%
Peppermint (CAP) - 4.17%
Lemon Tart (?? supplied by myeliquidsupplies) - 4.17%
Ice Menthol (?? supplied by myeliquidsupplies) - 4.17%

5 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

3 Likes

There is always Flapper Pie (SC) (WF) which may give you what you need. Basically like a custard and meringue tart/pie type flavour to my palette.

2 Likes

Oh, welcome to the furum too :grinning:

3 Likes

Welcome @Peter35.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you
Been using the site for a year now for keeping (and tweaking) my recipes. Thought it about time I asked for recommendations from those far more experienced than I.

3 Likes