Mixing by weight - flavor weight

my ejuicemeup isn’t showing grams?

Why not just use our calculator?! :wink:

4 Likes

ok not to be an idiot but um where are the grams on the calculator? is it percents? I’m going to try this mixing by weight as soon as I figure out what the heck I’d be doing LOL

It’s in your preferences :slightly_smiling:

2 Likes

V8 smack lol thanks now I get it

1 Like

You have to go to tools > grams set in ejuicemeup and fill in your specific weights (pg, vg, etc) and it’ll show up then

2 Likes

You just made me to track down a bug that caused grams to not be default (even though it looked like it) - thanks :smiley:

3 Likes

I used ejuicemeup before I found ELR. Not since though. I think if you’ll start using ELR all the time you’ll forget all about everything else.

2 Likes

lol my idiocy helped yay!!! hahahahaha

The scale that plugs in that is most used around here is the American Weigh LB 501 The only thing I have against it is it takes 4 batteries and it is a bit heavier than the Etekcity one I have. Ship weight for the American Weigh is 2.8 lbs where the Etek is 7.2 ounces. Like @CallMeTut said, I’ve had mine for quite awhile now, I even turned off the auto shut off so it stays on for good lengths of time while I’m mixing, and it is still going strong. I wouldn’t use a plug in either way, cuz I mix on my bed…no space for a dedicated mix station. Some day. :wink:

1 Like

went with this one. If I find I can do this mixing by weight I’ll invest in a nicer one LOL

As long as it reads to .01g and precision is decent, that’s all that matters. :wink: I’m sure you’ll find mixing by weight to be a breeze. It is a little intimidating when you’re thinking about starting, but once you do it once or twice you’ll say what 95% of new by-weight mixers say…“Why the heck did I wait so long to switch?” LoL

3 Likes

You’ll find it’s the easiest and most efficient way to mix. I don’t have all of my flavors in dropper bottles just yet, but working on it. No more mess. No more syringes. Just all around better.

VS

3 Likes

Mine are definitely not ALL in dropper bottles. I bought 200 pipettes so hopefully that will help until I can. LOL from your mouth… I don’t mind trying something new though!

Anything that makes it easier I’m all for

That scale has a version that does .1g accuracy and one that does .01g. Any idea which one you got? You really will want the one with more accuracy .01g for the quantities we usually mix in.

1 Like

I got lucky then because I got that .01g

4 Likes

Ok, hold on a minute. So am I supposed to have “Use manufacturer specific gravities” checked or unchecked? I currently have it checked. I don’t see that it is making a huge difference either way. But when I uncheck it and check a recipe Cap Vanilla Custard at 5% on a 150ml batch goes from 8g (MSG checked) to 7.5g (MSG unchecked). What do you guys use? I want to be like everyone else!

Some people are really into being precise - Most of us have it unchecked though. Some recipes will be slightly different for people if they use manufacturer specific gravities, or if they don’t but the recipe was designed with manufacturer specific gravities…

My advice: Leave it unchecked :slightly_smiling:

3 Likes

Okie dokie. Baahhh baahhh :smiley: