Mixing different vg/pg to % in nic. base?

Hi there, I’m SD, brand new to mixing, been vaping since about 2011, and smoking for 20 years prior to that… so my newbie question is this: I have a 50/50 vg/pg nicotine base when I input the recipe I wanted to add VG/70% and PG/30, but the calculator does not like it. Can your mix-in of VG/PG be different % or does it always have to be the same % as the nic. base?
Oh ya and thank you for existing, brilliant :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Post screenshots…

2 Likes

If using the elr calculator enter target 70vg 30pg then further down for nic base enter pg50 vg50.

3 Likes

Thx!
yep did that, the calculator does not like it. I can just calculate it myself, but the question is; is there a problem with doing so, like, I dunno, they won’t marry well…

2 Likes

With the nicotine you have (50/50 20mg/ml) and wanting the result to be 12mg/ml of nicotine, you can’t do 70/30. The problem is the nicotine, it should be with more vg.

9 Likes

There will be no problem at all. They will marry well. If you click that ‘max vg’ option it’ll show the most VG % for that quantity. Should be right around 66%VG

4 Likes

Yeah with your nic only being 20mg you’ll have to do some math yourself or order higher nic base to add to the 20mg.

5 Likes

With nic already 60% of your mix and wanting to be at 70%VG, I’d be ordering nic in a 100%VG base in the future. No more bullshitting around. The calculator will love you.

4 Likes