Mixing for pods instead of sub-ohm

I’m just wanting to make sure his new gf gets plenty of nicotine without coughing herself dead or anything, so she’s suitably impressed :slight_smile:

I started suggesting 50mg/mL salt, but he can’t test the salt to see whether it’s smooth, so it’ll have to be freebase with an optional salt boost added.

If that salt base he has is harsh like some salt juice I’ve mentioned, she won’t be able to vape it at all.

1 Like

Oh right, so we’re not talking about standard 100mg nic base?

I could just fall asleep and wake up in the morning to this being sorted :slight_smile:

My tentacles switch-off when they see a table full of numbers: especially when they don’t add up at all.

1 Like

No, its 18% Nic in PG/VG, unless we are wholesale over here, we cannot get the strong stuff easily. So either it is TPD Nic, or his entries in the calculator are wrong (hence it wanting 195%)

Strongest I’ve ever made with these is 9mg, I don’t think you can go much higher and still have any flavour left.

3 Likes

Ahhh! Gotcha.

I thought everyone just had 100mg base in their cupboards… I forget there are other places with different laws.

examines ugly table again

2 Likes

Can you define pod. A couple of years ago I would have defined it at low wattage device like the Novo. Today’s pods can go over 100 watts. Mixing for one would over flavor the later.
I started on that Novo at 22mg/ml FB. Moved quickly to MTL devices and 6mg/ml FB was pretty much the same. I was a two pack a day smoker.

3 Likes

perhaps he should mix with just his nic base and flavors ?

4 Likes

That is possible, it is simply Nic in PG/VG, I guess some flavorah stuff would mix nice and keep the nic content up!

3 Likes

No choice if it’s already cut down to 1.8%: time he adds the flavourings, it’ll be 6mg regardless.

1 Like

Yeah scratch all that I said anot 12mg of both salt and freebase nic: I thought you were using 100mg/mL bases to start with.

If 18mg/mL is the highest allowed in Sweden, that limits your mixing options a bit.

Confusion aside, you want the most potent flavours you’ve got to try and keep that 18mg from dropping too far under 12mg, so +30% flavourings max, you can have…

Course you can still mix 18mg salt with 18mg freebase and have 18mg mixed, then squeeze-in your +30% flavorings…

That’d work.

I can’t look at the calculator though: it’s 1:00AM and too many numbers that are mathematically impossible for me to wanna look at.

• 66% 18mg mixed
  • 33% 0mg recipe

Brings you to ~12mg mixed freebase/salt.

Seems to be the simplest way to get to our desired 12mg… probably might not want a full 33% recipe flavourings though, but then again it’s a pod and could do with more concentrated flavour… still, 33% is too high.

How many mLs are each of the 5 bottles again?

2 Likes

Confirm with us how many mg/mL base your using.

I will fall asleep otherwise

2 Likes

The bottles I have are 10ml but I have bigger ones. Thought Id give her a few small samples to save my stash before making a 60ml one for her favourite

Can someone make an example of the recipe I posted how I would mix with whast i ahve?

And yes 100mg nic is not possible to get in Sweden as I know of.

1 Like

So it’s 18mg/mL base?

1 Like

18mg/mL 30PG/70VG on salt
18mg/mL 50/50 on normal

1 Like

Alright lemme figure it out…

For 5 x 10mL bottles, you’ll wanna mix 66% 18mL base for each:

Assuming the salt and freebase are both 18mg/mL…

• Mix 33mL of 50:50 salt:freebase (16.5mL of each and enough for 6.6mL of base in each 10mL sample bottle)
  • Mix whichever recipes you’re doing to 3.3mL each and fill each 10mL bottle with it.
  • Add VG to top-up any remaining empty space in each bottle.
2 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about 18mg base. The country is limited to the 18mg base. Especially the commercial she had in the pod she was using.
Flavors are the controlled issue.

3 Likes

So rest I go as according to recipe?

2.5% cactus
10% ForestFruit
1% sweetner

2 Likes

@Charkel you’ve already gotten a lot of good responses. Many pods can’t wick right with 70v/30p but it depends. You mentioned a lot of “older” recipes on ELR, and many of them used high to very high flavoring levels, as the equipment wasn’t as good as it is now. Many people step down many of the high flavoring levels in older recipes for sub ohming.

As far as MTL or podding, and DTL I vape both. If I’m mixing for someone, especially a newer mixer, and I know they’re going to be MTL or podding I’ll mix at 50/50 or 70p30v just to make sure it will wick. The NIC levels depends on their needs. Your friend was a heavy smoker, so higher NIC will probably be required. I still mix for people who MTL with 18mg Freebase which is fairly high considering. Most don’t want to try Salts, but you’re friend may be different.

3 Likes

I reckon: 3.3mL each and just ignore vg/pg ratio: it’ll be heavier on PG, but that’ll help carry flavour and since it’s a pod it will love the thinner juice.

33% flavouring IS a bit high, but again I mm commercial juices max their %s and they taste great.

If you wanna mix LESS flavoring, 2.2mL per bottle or 1.5mL, just top the rest up with VG because there’s already plenty of PG in the mix.

1 Like

@Charkel, I’d probably cut that cactus in half or less. 10% Forrest Fruit is fairly high, BUT, it may translate over a podded system.

1 Like

Think 33% recipe is too much?

He could cut that down to 20% or less, but he’s trying to impress this chick with flavour, so I just went straight to 66%:33% base:recipe for simplicity.

On pod that should be tasty without overkill.

@Charkel So 3.3mL of each recipe per bottle.

1 Like