Mixing mistake

Well, let me re-state the really important thing here, and it WILL VARY depending on the flavor, and total mix size. Many times, unless you really screw up, you won’t even notice the errors in the final mix. You could NUKE a mix by dumping hella strong MF flavors, FLV Rich Cinnamon, or Alpine Strawberry for example, and those can be VERY hard to recover from, BUT, like the FA Apricot, I don’t think it would have mattered, and not in that mix at least IMO.

I make mistakes, overpours all the time, and most times, it just doesn’t matter. Larger mixes CAN allow for some ease of fixing, much more than smally mixes.

6 Likes

This is your adv?? I would make another batch at Max VG then mix them together which will raise ur ratios and give you 480mls

Max VG is gonna be 85/15 which should bring you mr 50/50 mix around 65vg

I didn’t see this message before I dumped it, but that makes perfect sense. I’ll try again tomorrow when I don’t have any Nyquil in me, lol.

3 Likes

Thank you anyway, truly. I have a date with my pillow now, lol.

6 Likes

Here’s my convoluted way of fixing things, though I don’t think it needed fixing.

You added .44 gm more than needed.
.44/3.15= 0.14% which is the amount over you went.

Next, multiply each ingredient by 1.14
2nd is 8.4 x 1.14 = 9.58 - 8.4 = 1.18 additional gm of cherries.
9.45 x 1.14 = 10.77 - 9.45 = 1.3 gm Pineapple

Do that with each ingredient and you’re good to go.

Convoluted yes, but it works for me.

I’ve overshot more than .14% and I don’t bother fixing it unless it’s nic (which always goes in last).

4 Likes

Nice fix, and welcome back @natbone.

3 Likes

Can you please tell me if this is a legit host name? I don’t want to give out any info to a scammer.

1 Like

Bless you my man, all this info really helps me for the next time I screw up. @fidalgo_vapes and @SessionDrummer are exactly right, though, for the amount of juice I was making, I could have just added 1-2 drops more of each flavor and then call it good. And then, when I screwed up again by adding way too much Pg, I should have just created a 2nd bottle of the juice in all Vg to make up for it. But nope, like the dumbass I am, I tossed it out. When one is tired and sick, all common sense, problem solving solutions goes right out the window, or in my case, right through one clogged ear and then right out the one clogged nostril.

4 Likes

@KC111 im sorry to hear about your mixing mishap. It happens to the best of us. I remember mixing 500 ml of a Lemon Crumble vape and adding way too much (2x) sweetener. I had to mix another 500 without sweetener and combine them in order to vape it. I got so sick of that recipe I’ve never mixed that recipe again.

Now for my ADV I mix a few 30ml one shots very carefully. And I use those one shots to mix 30ml bottles at max VG for daily use.

5 Likes

Thanks for the tips. I need to start making one shots! Are you a max VG mixer?

1 Like

Only with my ADV Check cookies anything else is mixed 70/30 in a 10 ml that way I don’t feel bad if I have to dump it.

4 Likes

I did a happy dance when I see the recipe says “You can make this”, lol. Thanks for replying, back to zzzz I go. Have a great night.

4 Likes

If you mix that one fresh let it rest a few days because the Rich cinnamon is really upfront after the shake. Once it settles OH MY!!!

3 Likes

Will do just b/c you recommended it. :wink:

1 Like