Mixing mistake

Yah, yah, yah…We’ve all been here, surprise surprise. I was mixing up a new 8 oz. of one of my fav juices. I had just decanted the remnants of my left over juice into a smaller bottle but after filling that up, there was still approximately 2 ml’s of juice left in the 8 oz bottle. So when I put that on my scale, of course it zeros up. When I was adding my very first flavor, I accidentally squirted too much, I added 3.59 g of that flavor instead of 3.15 g.
My question is what do I do now? I can’t just dump the excess back into the bottle because it isn’t pure, so how do I adjust the entire recipe to compensate? It can’t be something as simple as just adding an additional .44 g of the other flavors, right?

7 Likes

Here is the recipe I was mixing.

1 Like

If you refigure your recipe for 239ml it should work out.
(If your bottle can hold that much!)

7 Likes

That is so awesome! How did you figure this out? You saved my day, lol. Thank you.

5 Likes

I just transferred the contents to a larger bottle so this way I have more room. I would love to know how you adapted this.

3 Likes

You’re welcome, KC!

Divide the overpour for that flavor by the intended amount, which will give you what percentage that you are over.

3.59 ÷ 3.15 = 1.139

Then multiply the volume that you intended to mix by that number.

210 × 1.139 = 239.33

Then refigure your recipe for that amount to mix.

I hope that helps, I’m not the best at explaining!

9 Likes

Thank you so much, You made my day!

6 Likes

You’re most welcome!

3 Likes

There has been so many times where I have an extra 5 drops or so by mistake, but never .44 grams worth of extras, lol.

3 Likes

What flavor did you do too much of ?? Probably isnt too much of an issue , if its a flavor that is super stong or dominant like FLV Rich Cinnamon maybe it might be an issue…I have done what you did often and i just proceed as usual

6 Likes

I sent you a pm. I have a bad head cold and can’t even remember what I did yesterday. I fucked up majorly AGAIN!

1 Like

@KC111 I was going to agree, because in a 200ml+ size, the effects will be minor.

2 Likes

I screwed up again D-man and this time it isn’t so little.

I went to add the PG and I was supposed to only add 22.38g, but I added 75g instead, grrr! So when I adjusted the recipe to reflect the new 52Pg/48Vg ratio, it says I was to add 145.27g of Vg, so I did.
For all intents and purposes, I can now call this a 50/50 mix, but if I want to fix it and make it a 30Pg/70Vg ratio again, how much more grams of flavoring and more grams of bases do I need to add?
I am not going to cry over spilled e-juice, LOL!

4 Likes

Lesson to be learned, don’t attempt to mix when you are so foggy and unfocused due to a head cold.

4 Likes

This is your adv?? I would make another batch at Max VG then mix them together which will raise ur ratios and give you 480mls

Max VG is gonna be 85/15 which should bring you mr 50/50 mix around 65vg

4 Likes

LOL, you’re really going into the rabbit hole on it now. The moral of the story is what @fidalgo_vapes and I posted above.

0.45g of FA Apricot won’t make much of a difference in a 210ml mix. We all make mistakes, and when they’re likely to not even effect the mix, who cares, skip it, and move on.

Now @gloopdegurp did come up with a fix, by upping the total mix, etc., but if you went even further into the bad …

You can get into diminishing returns, trying to fix it. With every “oops” the math gets trickier, and honestly, sometimes dumping is the best way to do it. I mean try to fix it, test it, and if it’s not terrible then vape it, but if not, save your sanity, get some rest, and start fresh tomorrow. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This is what i would do…

5 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes @SessionDrummer
Dumped, sighs. Thank you.

3 Likes

Well I didn’t want to just tell her to trash it BEFORE tasting it, BUT, it just gets to the point where you’re dumping good product after bad, and it just turns into a really BIG bottle of mess, where just cutting your losses, saves sanity.

4 Likes

Too late, it is dumped, lol. Nic and all. This will teach me a lesson.

3 Likes