Mixing nicotine

Ok so im double checking because a friend put just a litle doubt in my mind , if i mix the following is this right

100mg pg base 50ml + 100mg vg base 50ml =

100mg 50/50 pg/vg 100ml

6 Likes

Way to late or early for math but yes I think you should wind up with 100ml of 50/50 nicotine base that is 100mg strength.
Your volume would increase of course but your mg/ml would stay the same I would think.
IMO it would be like buying a gallon of BP 91 OCTANE and adding it to a gallon of Shell 91 octane petro.You will have two gallons but it would remain 91 octane but again I can only go by what little common sense I have left!:astonished:

5 Likes

That is correct, but if your mixing by weight, you would need to adjust the weight for your nic (I believe) to 1.148 because of the differences in the weight of the pg (1.036 g/ml) and vg (1.261 g/ml) …
(1.261 g/ml + 1.036 g/ml) / 2 = 1.148 g/ml
Although I may be mistaken.

3 Likes

i was wondering that i put it in amber glass bottles so ill use syringe , im so happy i was right abfriend of mine was pretty convinced it would be 200 mg and his thought wasnt absurd after he explained lol it was convincing enough to atvleast make me wonder a few hours later lmao ty

1 Like

Never hurts to ask and double check… and hey… I might be wrong lol

2 Likes

Your math is correct. If the MG of nic is the same between both bases the only variation is the ratio of vg:pg. That’s it.

3 Likes

One thing I would suggest also, is to make sure you mix the two different nics very well, but do not do so with heat and if possible, with as little oxidation as possible… the two nic abusers. Additionally, I would do a test batch of mixing prior to mixing the total of both the pg/vg nics… one might have an off taste and it would be a shame to ruin the total amount with a “all the eggs in one basket” approach without first knowing what the final results may be.

2 Likes

I bought 8oz amber bottles and I freeze all my nic because I have quite a surplus lol. From all my research, freezing it in smaller bottle will make it last longer because you’re not exposing the whole big bottle to fresh oxygen every time you mix and freezing it prolongs the strength and quality of it.

1 Like

If you are concerned, get a nicotine testing kit and you will be able to see “exactly” what you are ending up with.

2 Likes

the testing kit will tell you all that i thought it just showed weather it was bad or good , ECX has one is that what u use

1 Like

To be sure of proper mixing you can load all your information in the e liquid calculator correct? I hope lol…or Ihave been doing it all wrong

1 Like

the nic turned out great , i like a 70 30 or 75 25 vg pg ratio , and using 100mg vg base i was going thru alot of pg that is why i mixed it usually i use pg base and i know illnget same pg ratio but if ibcld avoid buying PG often i will both were nicselect

Sounds good, never hurts to check things out right off the bat to avoid possible issues later wondering what went wrong… lol… have a good one…

1 Like