Mixing of mixes, could this be the secret trick?

I like mixing in my tank for fun or if I’m bored with whatever flavor is in there, not necessarily for creating new recipes (although I have ended up doing that a couple times). It definitely gives you a lot more options if you’re like me and are constantly rotating through every flavor you have mixed up!

I recently saw an advertisement for two e liquids, a donut and a coffee. They were made especially for mixing together. Kind of a fun idea, make up a couple recipes that compliment each other and vary the ratios in a tank to make them taste different.

6 Likes

Well Coffee would be great with Icing, I’d just use frosting on Cactus just to see what that’s like.:wink:

I think it would taste like frosted cactus! Bllleeeckkkkk hehe jk, you don’t know till you try, I know I have added some juices into my tank thinking it would be good but it came out like battery acid :(…
I figure I am saving so much DIYing I can afford to dump a tank every once in awhile.
I usually look at fruit pairings web research to look for compatible/non-compatible combinations which is harder if your mixing 2 complex recipes, but sometimes it happens. It would be easier with a cream base + fruit mix.

1 Like

Could have something to do with how the flavour molecules interact during steeping. I haven’t followed the thread on Hidden Science Behind Steeping, so I’m just guessing around. It sounds logical to me that separated steeping could affect the end result for some flavour combinations, in some cases even drastically. I shall add this to my test routine while mixing…

2 Likes

Definitely could be. I’m informed that the steeping process is a mallard reaction. In a nutshell amino acids are changing. Different flavours will have different aminos. The speed of these reactions is quicker with heat and lower pH mainly. Btw Nic lowers pH. All these variables are being altered. Not an absolute game changer but might we have recipes like; mix a & b. Steep. 1 week later mix c & d steep 1 week. Mix together. Vape. Lot of work to test if there are benefits and which flavours do what to a mix. There’s some information that might give you some direction.

1 Like

ive got over 200 Premixed flavors, all steeped for many months, so i do a mix tank method so i dont waist juice.
But you have to figure out the % of each flavoring first… some are 10% some are 13%… some are 15%, then ya have the ones that are 1 drop in 30mls strong ass shit…but yea i tank mix, with out having to make a whole bottle of juice that sucks…

you funny…

1 Like

I have had a mix come out before that tasted like burning tires extinguished with vomit and piss now that was a hard fail for sure.

5 Likes

Let me guess, cap creamy yogurt and fa honey? I’ve yet to encounter a burning tire flavor but I’ve sure as hell tasted the other two! :weary:

2 Likes

Amen to that. Cap Crispy Bacon. Dirty urinal. And LB Cappucino tasted like a tire smells for the first week or so. It eventually mellowed out, but man that was rough. And Flavorah Raspberry for some reason tasted like a wet dog when I tested it SA. But I use it in mixes no problem. Isn’t this fun??? LOL

3 Likes

No, I think it was CAP V2 Peanut Butter, TFA Honey, TFA Cheesecake and FLV Milk and Honey, DON"T EVER TRY IT!!!EVER!!! To be clear, TFA Cheesecake was supposed to be the Graham Crust and got either the wrong bottle sent or pushed the wrong button.

3 Likes

Noted! :joy:

2 Likes

Stop copying my recipies then lol.

1 Like

Plz tell me your fibbing about cap creamy yoghurt,ive just bought 118ml to play with this weekend with apricot and peach and i was so looking forward to it.

But it had all 5 star ratings!!!

1 Like

I really don’t like it very much, but some people love it. Do you tend to really notice butyric acid in flavors? If not you might like it. I have to keep it around 2% to not mind it.

1 Like

All good stuff lol,just seen your comment on peanut butter v2 which ive bought aswell as the caps creamy yoghurt.looks like v2 of burnt tire extinguished with vomit and piss is just round the corner.

2 Likes

Ive never had a problem that i can think of but ive not vaped too much v2s. i just thought id buy and have a play with them to see how different they are to v1s.with it being a yoghurt im going over 2% for sure.also got peanut butter v2 to try a milkshake but forgot malted milk.

1 Like

4 Likes