Mixing of mixes, could this be the secret trick?

Ok here goes (my “experience”). That night after reading this thread I had a dream. In my dream I was working at a juice factory, but it was more like a restaurant …specifically Taco Bell. The Taco Bell concept was similar to their long list of products actually being made from a shorter list of core ingredients. In the dream there were large containers of bases like Strawberry Milkshake and Custard etc, like I imagine Taco bell has the sour cream shooter and the ground meat gun and the guacamole plopper …toss in a little tomato dice, some lettuce, some cheese …wait it’s a taco …no a burrito …ooops a Chalupa. I woke up to realize …I’m no @Walt_RealFlavors :smirk:

Your best point on which to focus @TheFlavorSeeker is finding out if the end result of mixing two steeped juices can be achieved if you mixed it all up at once. I think it is. This is how I have for the most part skipped mass single flavor testing. My experience mixing completed/steeped recipes together and analyzing their ingredient list has given me more insight into flavor pairings and provided for quick results making new recipes (all adaptations).

On ratios? This is the key when you have that “Aha!” moment. I just use my eyedropper (30ml bottle) to load my RDA, and start with a 1:1. If one flavor is now too low I go to 2:3 …2:1 etc Great thread and important question …inspiring :wink: and I got to be Walt for a little while

3 Likes

Hey!? That’s my two newest recipes and they’re yum :wink:

1 Like

Yogurt is the only full line single flavor testing I have done. CAP Creamy won over other plain and Greek style yogs at 5% mix SF. Yogurt is like Custard and needs a long steep to develop. It also needs the dairy added …it’s just the yogurt funk

1 Like

Ok, I won’t totally diss those flavors at the right %, but it’s easy to get the vomit/piss flavors from them if I go too high. :wink:

2 Likes

You should try your Bust-A-Nut with @Mourning_Glory Moon Butter. It also rocks with @daath Banudding Cake. Hell to the yes!

3 Likes

Lmao dont worry ive had the local vicar down,hes exorcised and blessed the pb2 and the creamy yoghurt.

2 Likes

i’m watching this branch with interest :),
as CAP Creamy Yogurt is in my shopping basket and i have high hopes… disappointed by TPA Greek - i noticed there’s CAP Creamy Yogurt and there’s FA’s Yoghurt … which one is less vomity and has real bold yogurt flavor ?

@BoDarc, absolutely - and so far - very limited experience though - i get a different (tastier) results mixing 2 mature/steeped juices - or more

so i started prep’ing some of my favorite StrawNana Cream, Vanilla Custard, and couple others, with nic and all, to steep and start using as “base mixers”. it would take time (and fun) to really form an opinion.

I’ve only been mixing from scratch about 4 months but I started mixing retail juices almost as soon as I started vaping. These were probably fully steeped when I bought them. It always worked well except for once when the combo would be great mixed directly in the tank for a day or two but if I mixed it in the bottle it would turn to shoe polish after a week. :confounded: I never thought of this as a genuine technique but I can see how it could be effective to prevent a bad result. I’ve seen a lot of people mention how strawberry fades away when mixed with creams but if both are fully steeped and you only mix a day or two supply of that combo, theoretically it wouldn’t have a chance to mute. This is my plan for when I get a nice cream mix just how I want, I’ll make a large batch and mix it with coffees or fruits as my tastes change.

About the CAP Creamy Yogurt, this seems a love hate flavor. I LOVE this flavor! :heart_eyes: Be careful with it though. It’s not meant to be a bold tangy flavor, it’s more like light, unflavored Yopliat. If you try to get a bolder flavor by increasing the % it will turn sour and rubbery tasting. For those who love it, it mixes well with absolutely everything!

4 Likes

I have mixed the Moon Butter and Bust-a-Nut. Wonderful stuffs.
I’ve never been into Banana vapes really, or I’d try the Bunudding.

I used to do this! I’d mix a strawberry and a cream from a certain vendor because it was better than their Strawb & cream ready made :blush:

2 Likes

It could have been mostly the same recipe as your combo but didn’t steep well together. Most of the retail juices I had would be too much of something or not enough of something else. The only way I could suit my tastes was to mix them…or DIY, lol.

3 Likes

We had a pre-DIY training session without realising it :joy:

2 Likes

Ive looked at various recipies and seen some good some bad but alot do have creams in them your right but most of the recipies stick at 5% for caps yoghurt so im gona start there.

I had only been vaping about a month when the guys at my favorite shop told me I should try DIY since I was already mixing premade flavors. I told them I didn’t want to start fiddling with a bunch of stuff. :smirk: My son said “give it a year, it’s inevitable”. It only took three months before I started gathering the equipment and researching how-too vids on youtube. :grin:

6 Likes

My first time mixing yoghurt so i cant answer that one but ive seen a few with both caps yoghurt and fa yoghurt in. From my reading fa is just a straight up yoghurt not much tang but good and capellas is supposed to be real creamy but as bodarc said it does need dairy and for that ive seen alot of fa vienna cream or fa cream fresh used with other creams.personly i just want a peach/apricot yog to try.

Thats exactly what im aiming for a light creamy(not tangy)fruit yoghurt and now i think of it a lemon one ,thanks for the answer much appreciated.

1 Like

That awesome little “insight into the mind of BoDarc” was wonderful! Thanks for sharing your experience and view! =)

I’ve done that before to some degree as well, just not as a “conscious approach” type thing. More of a “…eh… testing’s done, I don’t want to waste the leftovers… sploosh.” lol

I know that more than once, I’ve stumbled across at least a couple ideas that I meant to revisit in doing so, just haven’t made the time yet. It’s so hard for me not to focus on the train track. I know I’ve likely missed a fair bit of scenery as a result.

2 Likes

As long as we don’t call it “Moon Nuts” …just sayin’ :smirk:

2 Likes

LOL
http://www.uk-tradingco.com/ekmps/shops/uktradingco/images/bed-bunk-bolts-half-moon-lunar-luna-nuts-washers.-6mm-threaded.-cast-zinc-yzp.-2-4-8-bulk-packs-372-p.jpg
:laughing:

6 Likes