Mixing of mixes, could this be the secret trick?

All my flavoured custard or cream mixes with fruit are done separately which produces a lovely taste without the fruit disappearing into the mix.
For example if I want a strawberry custard mix I will mix the complete custard notes and steep for a minimum of 4 weeks then I will add the the strawberry part, mix and leave for a week before adding the nicotine and after a good mix and a few days steep it’s ready to go.
The results to me are night and day compared to mixing it up in one go.
A perfect example is any mothers milk recipe.
By adding the fruit last it doesn’t get lost in the mix and is more pronounced with the lovely creams coming in fully developed, well to my taste buds anyway.

4 Likes

I mixed 5 different testers together today to free up some tester bottles for more RF SC testing and it turned out pretty nice. 2 x ry4 recipes (with some butterscotch, ap, pb, graham cracker notes and 3 coconut recipes with some strawberry and nut accents.

1 Like

I’ve done that with a few test batches that I thought might be okay together. I called them Frankentesters. It’s for the best that they weren’t very good or I’d have had a hell of a time trying to reverse engineer a recipe, lol.

3 Likes

I keep small batches of the following
Peach,
Watermelon
Bourbon
and
What I call cream supreme(a mix of Cap sweet cream, FA Fresh Cream and TPA whipped cream)
I use these to add or perk up a juice if I feel like changing it a little. I do it tank by tank or occasionally a 10 ml bottle.

4 Likes

thank you @Chewy, that’s exactly the technique i’m thinking of.

in my mind, similar to the way we look for good (complete) recipes to mix and leverage each other’s experiences, we need to somehow maintain a set of best “bases” - like Vanilla Custard base, Sweet Cream base, Yogurt base, Ice Cream base… and so on.
each of these bases can have multiple versions, example: i sometimes like VC with a hint of Cheesecake (so i would create VC/CC), and sometimes VC extra sweet or extra vanilla (so this is VC/++) … and so on…

then from there, i would mix few “empty” bases, leave to steep (say 4 weeks), mix your “topping” (fruits, tobacco …etc) (steeps less).
when the time comes to make final juice, i combine the specific base + topping i want together, add “extra’s” like cooling, sweetener, and any other “twists” … finally add nic to desired strength … and we’re ready to go (after settling maybe 3 days or so)

i wonder if it’s easy to start mixing this way … it’s like learning to ride the bike all over again :slight_smile: - but worth a shot.

2 Likes

Thank you @ TheFlavorSeeker
I have went back a couple of times and mixed a MM the regular way, with all ingredients mixed together but as I said, when mixed separately it certainly helps keep the fruit part intact with very little to no fade of flavour.
I am sure this was discussed on a thread a while back in greater detail?

2 Likes