Mixing same fruit from different companies?

Hey all good to be here,
I was wondering if it would be a good idea to mix the same fruit flavor from different companies to achieve a better fruit flavor to my taste i.e. Strawberry FA with strawberry ripe tfa,
Or would that just ruin it??
Would appreciate some experience if anyone has to offer.
Thank you

4 Likes

Most fruits I know like to mingle with other fruits

8 Likes

All right thx

2 Likes

It’s pretty common to combine, if not standard practice. Different companies may capture different aspects of a flavor. One may capture the sweetness yet it leans more toward candy than fruit, another company captures the fresh tartness but isn’t as sweet as you’d like. Single flavor testing is the best way to find these unique aspects, after which combining the ones you like will bring you closer to the kind of flavor you’re hoping for. Best of luck! :grinning:

7 Likes

Hello @ethan_diy Mixers make stones, which they call. There are some posts that talk about it … Let’s see if I find it …Stones and my usage:

4 Likes

If you look through the recipes for stone, you’ll find quite a few there already (and they can contain other flavors for enhancement).

6 Likes

Wow Thanks!!

5 Likes

In my opinion…fruits are the easiest to work with. Most are very versatile and forgiving. You could also check out a single flavor on the recipe
side and click on most commonly used with to get an idea!! The recipe side has saved my butt many times!! Good luck!l

4 Likes

I rarely use a strawberry on it’s own, other strawberries can add to what’s missing. Other fruit flavors can actually help boost a different flavor. Some raspberries and dragonfruit if used correctly can boost a strawberry that would otherwise get lost in a mix.

It is called mixing for a reason :wink:

7 Likes

Thanks all this was so helpful for me!!
Thanks all

7 Likes