Mixing techniques

Loved that one Walt! @SmilingOgre you reminded me of a juice I bought in Miami years ago, I went to a shop, just to taste something different and asked the lady for a juice, without telling I’m a mixer and all that jazz, just flashing my genesis on a VT75 (you’re not talking to an idiot…) just asking for something “different”, she gave me a “one eyed turtle” (never heard of it…) but I followed her advice and bought it…
Good grief exactly what you said, my brain went: It’s f…g AP, with some GC and brown sugar thrown in tossing the coin for percentages!!

And they sell it and make money out of it?? Those were my thoughts at the time, you just reminded me of that episode and made me laugh!! Thank you!!
Starting the day with a good laugh it’s great, made my day! :+1:

6 Likes

Sure you have. They’re called ready-made e-liquid, just like the non-mixers buy

6 Likes

Id have to agree…

3 Likes

I have to disagree here. A stone can be what every you make it. It does not have to be of a similar flavor. It is just a mix of flavors. Technically you could call this a “one shot” too. Say you just wanted a strawberry vape just add that to the percentage that strikes your fancy. You could have a stone/one shot of your favorite mix and tweak it by adding other flavors. All a stone is actually is a mix of flavors.

Just my two cents. (Actually is two cents here.)

6 Likes

Not necessarily. When you add VG and NIC you have to blend the ingredients together of the one shot/stone. Or you just have the PG (flavors concentrated) and no VG or NIC which will donkey punch your throat depending on the device being used.

3 Likes

Please forgive me for being OT or not i am?

So few years ago when i started vaping i did some “research”
about mixing.
I remember that some of the °important° guys said (afair GG)
dont shake, dont …
just let it "softly° melt together.

I stick to that advice,i am lazy…and happy with it.

Good things need their time.

Peace

3 Likes

I think you’re agreeing with me! Yes, you need to blend the OneShot( concentrates) with the VG/PG/NIC. Which takes time, regardless of how long the different concentrates have been at their own party.

But, dude from FA-UK is saying basically the opposite

4 Likes

Just fyi, none of my concentrates contain PG, I add it in while mixing, so i have to blend the concentrates into all 3 base liquids.

3 Likes

That is on topic! I had to think hard on what OT means, btw! Over Time, Occupational Therapy? Nooo… ha!

This technique should work very well if you leave it sitting for whatever amount of time it would take for the process to completely run its course. I think this is done by very few mixers, like maybe 3! Haha! I really don’t know, obviously :smile: I just rarely see it mentioned. This is the 2nd time I’ve read about it in 2 years of reading, watching vids and mixing. Almost everyone shakes in some way or another.

I would bet it is done to keep oxygen from corrupting the liquid in the form of micro-bubbles when a mix is vigorously shaken.

5 Likes

It’s just what I said, a stone is a “layer” of flavours prepared as if it was one flavour, like a ready made base.
As a matter of fact technically could be turned into a “OneShot”, I said strawberry or xxx, meaning a layer (different flavours) done to save you time and have a ready made mix/Flavour done the way you want it with the flavours (like if it was compounds) you want… just misunderstanding… no probs…

4 Likes

well said, I’m in agreement.

1 Like

Thank you. Just a theory I had… after my meds had kicked in. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

My theory is that mixing certain flavoi types say custard or biscuit need different steep (terrible term which has stuck) time that say a lemon. In my mind well blended liquids (my money is on blending as the way liquids are put together) is layers of flavour. My belief is that elements are separately mixed without base or nic until they are suitably mature (storage of larger quantities probably refrigerated to retard ‘spoiling’ or over development. At the correct maturation point the flavours are mixed with base and nic. The all in diy method is more akin to soup or stew making with less pronounced flavour separation (this method is fine and we do get results which are perfectly capable). I enjoy cooking and need the flavour separation as I get bored very quickly with stew method. So I aim to trial the two methods.
Ideas for a flavour profile or recipes? Anyone interested in a side by side trial?

1 Like

Hey Frank, come to think of it, I guess I do that already with some of the concentrates I mixed. I’m thinking like Medicine flower and mixing with creams etc as a single flavor concentrate. I guess they would be steeping together until I mixed the base in hmmm…

1 Like

I am only musing Michelle and I know this subject has been gone over for years. Most people perhaps don’t care or are suspicious of overly sweet commercial liquids. Frankly I’ve mixed hundreds of recipes, trying as much as possible to used single ingredient flavours, I’m quite snobby with some recipes that use too many preblended profiles. But something is always lacking in my mix, I can only think its that true separation. Impossible with some recipes especially when trying to reverse engineer a food profile for many or most diyers. While I’m on the subject I’m also believe recipes with huge ingredient lists having diminishing results - or perhaps if we just mix the flavours we think might be good together then if palatable see what it tastes like irl and call it that.

3 Likes

By the way its Martin not Frank. But I get the joke.

2 Likes