Mixing with a Max VG nicotine base

Hey guys,

just a little bit of background on myself, I’ve been vaping for about 3 years and I’ve Just joined the forum here, I’ve dabbled in mixing e-juice for a little while, but its no where near as precise as some recipes on here.

When I do mix my juices, I use a Max VG nicotine base to get about 6mg of nicotine in my juices. PG is out of the question, I’ve gotten headaches and other side effects from vaping it, so I dont really wanna risk it.

So, using this information, my question would be (might sound silly)… When following a recipe, could I just add the flavors in the recipe first, and then fill up the rest with my VG nicotine mix? or would i have to increase the percentage of flavors and stuff?
I really wanna go all out and try to make some flavors on here, and I just wanna make sure I’m doing it properly y’know?

Lemme know, thanks heaps! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’d try test batches before making large ones.
It does vary by manufacture and flavors… so start small…
Work on single flavors so you know where you start to taste a flavor and where you can really taste it…

6 Likes

thanks for the reply :slight_smile:
I was gonna try and make this lemon tart V4 recipe: https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1763662/Lemon%20Tart%20V4
start off by getting the 10ml bottles of concentrates and then doing some testing and when i find something that works, i’ll grab more.

5 Likes

tho lil info given whether u mixing concentrates or using one shots but there is plenty of threads here on vg flavorings.

6 Likes

Probably should have said, but yeah I’ll be using concentrates. as for the vg threads, it was a mixed bag of opinions so i just thought I would start a new fresh thread

6 Likes

are you looking for vg flavors? @Plunderdrum might be able to help with that :wink:

5 Likes

I dont really mind if there’s a tiny bit of pg flavors in there, but i just mainly want to stick with the recipe as much as i can, I’ve found that for me, a 70/30 vgpg mix is usually what gives me the side effects.

6 Likes

You can mix up any recipe at any ratio IMO it will not make a great deal of difference to the taste if you are hand shaking your finished mix it may just take a little longer for it to be ready (with max VG)

8 Likes

awesome! Thanks for clearing that up, I was just going to pickup some 10ml bottles of concentrates in the recipe I posted earlier and do some testing, putting the flavors in first and then fill up the excess with my vg nicotine mix.

5 Likes

Another quick question too, how would enter the details into the calculator? Would I check the vape-ready nicotine base box? or would I have to set the nicotine base and strength to zero and check the max VG box.

2 Likes

Are you using premixed or are you making your base?

3 Likes

I’ve already made the base :slight_smile:

3 Likes

then put in what you made it as…
x for your nic strength… same for pg and vg… :slight_smile:
there is a place on the recipe side… a guide that can help too, with lots of other info as well…

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/guide

5 Likes

Thank you so much for the help, I’ll pick up the concentrates and after I’ve made my first batch I’ll report back on how it went. Love this forum <3

4 Likes

Welcome to ELR :crazy_face:

2 Likes

There is a bug in that particular function that may stop you saving the recipe - I would just check the max VG with all your other preferences defined

5 Likes

In order to know where you can take things, you really need to know what your limit is (on PG).

If you try to mix a recipe that uses flavors that use PG as a base carrier (which is the most common carrier), then even if you don’t ADD any PG to it, you could end up outside of your tolerance level (either because of an individual flavor percentage being too high, or because of the cumulative amount of PG contained in a given mix).

My recommendation would be to get a general idea of where your body’s intolerance kicks in by testing various base mixes. (Nothing but your VG nic and increase the PG little by little until you start to notice issues.)

Once you’ve figured out the amount that gives you issues, only then can you begin to start looking for recipes that don’t exceed your limits.

Apologies if you’ve already established this (but you must forgot to mention what your limit is.

We have a small group of folks who have substantial issues with PG. I’m fortunate in that I can tolerate PG, as long as I typically stay at 80% VG and higher (basically 20% PG, though it’s lower than that in reality, as the flavoring components make up a fair portion of that. But hopefully you get the point.)

You can also find a lot of info on the topic of PG sensitivity here if you use the magnifying glass (search icon) in the upper right. :slight_smile:

I wish you success!

4 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

3 Likes

@Ti13 I’d like to send you a warm welcome

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum Ti13! I would think mixing with flavor concentrates that didn’t require high percentages like Flavorah, and Medicine Flower should keep you in that High VG area. But someone in the forum could correct me here if I’m wrong (and please do) but even with recipes that require higher percentages if you’re only doing 10% flavoring (that are all PG based) that’s still only going to leave you with 90 Vg 10 Pg mixes. 20% of flavoring (pg based) and an all VG base would leave you at 80 VG/ 20 pg … I don’t see people going over that (for the most part) anyway. So yeah whatever your tolerance is for pg (as said in one of the posts) will decide what you can do.

4 Likes