Ml vs grams vs drops?

No but I did buy some off Amazon also, and it’s spot on.

Not quite sure what it could be then, I know if I fill my glass 15ml bottles with 15ml of liquid that it is hard for me to put the dropper in the bottle and actually close it. I mix my 15ml glass mainly for test flavors now and around 10ml. More air in the bottle also helps the steeping process.

I would recommend getting the other scale though for sure.

Hmmm, well sounds like all the bases are covered. Heck I’m sitting here thinking of weird situations now. Are you mixing high in the mountain, perhaps below sea level. Dude, you got me stumped, UNLESS…

The two last items you see here. Are yours set as mine in your profile. If they are then I have no more ideas unless someone is shorting you on bottle space…

2 Likes

All settings are the same man, I’m outta ideas. Receiving new scale tomorow, 500g with 0.01gr accuracy. I’ll make a recipe from scratch and post video or pics of every step, maybe you guys will find what the heck I am doing wrong.

3 Likes

Make sure you calibrate that one too, it comes with 2x 200g weights to do so. The manual says how to calibrate it.

Post a small 5-6 minute video of you mixing a bottle from start to finished product.

Who knows, you could get the other scale, mix a bottle and not even have the same problem :laughing:

1 Like

I have a question, are you absolutely SURE you hit TARE (Zero out Scale) before each ingredient is added? Especially after you put the bottle on the scale. Here’s my process…

Place bottle on scale - Zero out scale
Add VG - Zero out scale
Add PG - Zero out scale
Add Flavor - Zero out scale
Repeat add flavor for multiple flavors and repeat zero scale afterward for each
Add Nicotine
Remove bottle, you’re finished !!!

I actually syringe Nic since I blend for a shop. Can’t take the chance of going over accidently. Is this your procedure above?

2 Likes

http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/uploads/default/original/2X/c/cc288eb0d374c10d11f9c0e72fe81ca3c061ff4a.JPG

Another question, Have you weighed finished product and bottle minus bottle? In other words does it truly weigh 36.31 grams (or at least very close) ? Do this since you can not fit the juice in the bottle…

http://img.hobbylobby.com/sys-master/root/hbe/h5f/h00/8858899316766/864942_2[5].jpg

Go to hobby lobby and get a pack of these (150ml). Weigh a empty bottle before you start. Mix your recipe. Then weigh finished juice and bottle. Subtract bottle weight. If that weight is correct then the bottles you are using are not 30ml bottles. Solved. If the weight is incorrect then we need to continue to look elsewhere…

1 Like

Bottles like this are also great for pg or vg when using a scale. I did upgrade to a larger bottle for vg.

I use these to mix juice batches. Yes much bigger for VG and PG. Heck a good portion of my flavor bottles are larger then these too…

1 Like

Ho dear…no lol.

I placed the bottle on the scale then turn it on, it’s at zero then add everything up…Ill try it your way.

1 Like

You would think this would be fine as long as it is at zero. Just trying to cover all bases…

1 Like

Ok, well I gues the Tare part was the thing to do !!

Recipe with ML/Drops/Grams was on point. But now I realize that I have never put the correct amount of VG…EVER.

Here is the recipe and what the bottle level came out to.

I did go overboard a little on the spout so thats why I have 1ml more I think.

Thanks for the help !!

3 Likes

Good stuff, man :smiley:

1 Like

@daath I would like to make a small suggestion that I feel will avoid a very easy mistake when looking at your recipes as you are blending. That being where the Base Totals are displayed. It is just too easy to accidently read the base total line and put the amount of VG equal to the total of the base. This thread had me thinking about that too as the problem last night. Honestly, I’m not so much a expert that I haven’t made this mistake. I’m guessing others have read the wrong line too. I kinda feel this line is unnecessary WITHIN the recipe ingredients. I feel it is a accident waiting to happen. Could you find another spot to put it such as…

Recipe

Nic
PG
VG
flavor
flavor
flavor

Base Total: 83.2% - 31.49 gr (ML if not in Weight Mode, or both)
Flavor total: 20%

1 Like

I have also made this mistake, but now I watch out for it a little more :wink:

2 Likes

Besides being italic, I made the base totals grey (that line was a request) :smiley: Is that better?

2 Likes

It looks great online but when you Print the recipe the printer treats it like any other text and prints every bit as bold as the rest. Also when printed the italics barely effect the numbers which are the problem to begin with. If it must be within the recipe then how about the first line. No one is gonna make the mistake of putting 96.38 grams of nicotine in their blends…

1 Like

It shouldn’t print now :smile:

1 Like

Excellent, you’ve done it again!!! :smile: Good job @daath :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Does It matter if my eliquid always Ends up more mls when mixing by weight?
for example in 60ml bottle 60ml recipe Final seems about 64-65 ml
my nicotine shots are 10.40-11 grams (20mg 50/50 10ml )
Maybe I should weight my VG and PG individually to check how many grams is 1ml off each?
It probably doesnt matter much ? Or could my capacity scale mark bottle measurements be a bit off?