Mother's Day 2020

Happy Mother’s Day all you moms out there. This may be one of the easiest to remember in the years to come. I hope those memories, when looking back on 2020, will be joyous and blessed, having had a greater opportunity to spend time with the ones you love.

For anyone who can’t be together, even if you can’t Skype, FaceTime, Zoom, Duo or whatever else there is, well just know at least one Southern dude is thinking about you tomorrow and has you in his heart.

And with that I’d like to get something going with the ELR members. Either moms themselves, telling what being a mother means to them, or anyone who would like to share what their mom means to them. I’ll start.

My mother is a ROCK. She lost her husband, my father, when I was just 3 months old. Car crash, died on the way to the hospital. She remarried when I was 3 years old, but that wasn’t true love. She lost that when my father died. He was the love of her life, and 50+ years after his passing she still cries on Dec 18th. But did she ever waver? No. She worked diligently to fill in the gaps for my two older sisters who were old enough to miss our dad. She raised us with the kind of selflessness so common with mothers, but which felt unique and special to us. Mom is still around - she turns 80 this year. And even now, will do whatever little thing, sacrifice big or small, to make her kids feel loved and valued.

19 Likes

Happy Mother’s Day !!!

10 Likes

If you hadn’t posted this, I wouldn’t have known about it at all. :rofl:

Here we go, happy Mothers Day to all moms :grin:

12 Likes

My best to all the moms, grandmoms, aunts, chosen-moms and pet-moms. Enjoy the day knowing someone loves you.

12 Likes

Appreciate you sharing that. I lost my mother a while ago. She was too young to leave but thankfully she left peacefully in her sleep. Cherish every moment you can be with your mom. They really are our rock!

10 Likes

Sure know how to bring a tear to a gal’s eye. Your (and your mom’s) story is amazing and a testament to a mother’s love. I wish her a loving Mother’s Day.

I lost my mom at the end of 2016 right before her birthday. I pray for her everyday and tomorrow she’ll be in my thoughts deeply. I love you mom :heart: :tulip:

7 Likes

Happy Mother’s Day to All Mom’s !

5 Likes

Happy Mothers to all of you wonderful Mothers …Our lives are better because of all of you …:hibiscus::sunflower::rose::tulip::cherry_blossom::heartbeat::two_hearts::sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Wishing all your moms a happy mothers day my mum killed herself on new years eve when i was aged just 4

3 Likes

Man I’m sorry to hear that. My dad was killed when I was 3 months old. I know what it’s like to go through life without a parent - all the questions, that empty spot in your heart even when you might not remember them. Blessings to you.

4 Likes

Why am I crying?
Why do I feel so alone?
You left me now
To find a far better home.

It’s a gentle journey…
A soft breeze on your sail,
To a place where fears and worries
No longer prevail.

It’s a warm island in the sun
Where we all someday hope to be
With the Lord whom we love