Movies and Shows - What do you recommend? (2019)

No, I don’t have wifi or tv service. I just watch dvd/bluray.

3 Likes

On to episode two now, they just found the door, and you’re right. Def. worth watching @MisterSinner

2 Likes

Just in case you get confused with characters along the way… I def did… Imdb comes in handy :wink:

2 Likes

@MisterSinner Now that I’m up to season 2, wanted to thank you for mentioning this one. A fair amount of season 1 left with the whole, “Wait a minute, WHO was that”, or “OK, WTF was that”, or of course “Did they just jump back to another year without telling us” moment.

Granted, the Germain to English voice over work is not the best, BUT, it’s TOTALLY worth it. “Dense” doesn’t even come close to what this series offers, and I fear many (perhaps some) won’t make it past the first episode or two (like I almost did, until I saw your post) and really MISS OUT on this gem.

With American movies/ TV series going into the dumpster while they struggle to figure it out, clearly there are some NON-normal channles (for many of us) who are offering up stellar programming. After I made it past the second episode, and really paid attention to even the opening credits, it became obvious that THIS one, needed to be watched on the big TV, with the home theater.

After much closer obveration, not only the the plot fairly dense as you put it, but the cinematography was great, the sound score was equally good. Wow, how random it was you posted up, and kept me going on this one.

10/10 for me on this one.

4 Likes

Fantastic! So glad you gave it another go. Already looking forward to the 3rd season.

2 Likes

I’m gonna give this a go… I’m not into superhero films all that much but it’s based on a comic book series written by the former lead singer of the band, My Chemical Romance and chock full of classic rock music…

7 Likes

4 Likes

6 Likes
2 Likes

I love the Dark series. It’s definitely original. I watch it in German and read subtitles.

2 Likes

Yall can probably guess I’m a big Eastbound & Down fan from my avatar photo. It’s Casper Powers, Kenny’s brother. I’m not sure how to post trailer videos but it’s a hilarious series that was on HBO.

I also loved Vice Principals. The star of Eastbound (Danny McBride) teams up with Walton Goggins in another HBO comedy series.

I’m a fan of Walton Goggins because of The Shield, and Justified. He plays very different roles in those, but is an awesome comedic actor.

I love a lot of shows :grin:.

2 Likes

He was good in the shield but fantastic in Justified. His best performance imo.

3 Likes

just copy/paste a youtube url, it automatically gets embedded

2 Likes
5 Likes

A campy version of American Horror Story set in the 80’s. For you Halloween fans.

5 Likes

Buddy of mine from way back is currently working on that show. Good stuff!

4 Likes

I recently watched the new movie 'Anna" and it was awesome. I had no idea what to expect and I must admit, I was blown away!

4 Likes

I saw the doll on a Ghost Adventures episode. Seems it has a dark history (if you buy in to stuff like that, anyway).

2 Likes

Anna is about a girl that is a KGB spy. I think you’re talking about Annabelle. I dont do horrors. Not well anyways … :grin:

It’s not that I’m scared … I just don’t like the gory images imprinted in my head …

3 Likes

New seasons available.

4 Likes