Movies and Shows - What do you recommend? (2019)

Binged on Netflix Original “Dead to Me” with Christina Applegate …very good, surprises around every corner. Couldn’t stop watching with the Missss

4 Likes

LOL you’re right @BoDarc, what I’ve watched so far is excellent.

Another one my wife found was Riverdale, which is oddly enough, based on the Archie Comics characters ??

Didn’t think I would like it, but it just took hold. Can’t even say why, but it is good.

4 Likes

Somehow, he’s always gonna be back…

5 Likes

5 Likes

Catch 22 is pretty good it doesn’t stick exactly to the book but still good

2 Likes

I loved the TV show and now I only have to wait 4 more days

3 Likes

@Daven I saw you commented in last year’s Movie thread about looking forward to Yellowstone. I didn’t have Paramount back then but do now and when I saw previews of the upcoming season 2 on July 19, I decided better watch season 1. Just finished it last night. I thought it was very good. Bit of a slow mover at times but certainly worth watching. I have a feeling the second season will be considerably better. To me it has some of the same great elements to it that were in Longmire, Justified and Ozark.

5 Likes

Where can you stream the first season? I think I have Paramount but not sure if that is one of my “on demand” channels.

2 Likes

I have Spectrum so I was able to watch it on-demand. But after about 3 episodes I went to Paramount network’s web page. I suppose it detects I’m on Spectrum internet so I didn’t have to sign in or anything, just started watching.

https://www.paramountnetwork.com/

3 Likes

Ya, I am rewatching season one and looking forward to season two. Season two looks like it is going entertain

Sent from…

2 Likes

lol Is FutureMan not the most random, kinda grossly hysterical show, ever? My guy is a gamer, and we binged the whole first season. Hoping there’s more coming.

@SessionDrummer Ok, so it took me till almost the end of the Pilot to figure out that those were Archie characters. Everyone just sounded so damn familiar, and I couldn’t figure out why. lil Pre-senior fibro foggiest moment for me, there. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m all excited that Outlander is on Netflix, now. And fully intend to gorge myself on season 3 of Jessica Jones today.

So we’re a straight Roku house… watch everything from Netflix to Hulu and ton of free channels… but don’t have reg cable, so I’m way late finding out about the new shows on major networks. I just found out they remade the 80s show Dynasty! lol i dont know whether to cheer or be absolutely horrified. :-1::+1::-1:

2 Likes

Watched “The Professor and the Madman” the other night, Penn was great. Overall enjoyed the movie, very interesting.

5 Likes

I was comimg to this thread to list the same movie…

So I’ll just add an extra two :+1::+1:

5 Likes

Just finished the new second season of this show on Netflix. One of my favorites by far. If you are into time travel, suspense etc. Give this a look. If you do, keep the audio in German and use subtitles. The English audio is not the best.

3 Likes

The Best Of Enemies … A movie id watch again

2 Likes

I appreciate you driving a little deeper into this one @MisterSinner. I started it, and for one reason or another, didn’t finish the first episode, but now you’ve got me back on track.

2 Likes

It is a dense story for sure but worth it I think.

2 Likes

I just needed a little kick …

2 Likes

I watched that last night! Brings home the fact that this was not all that long ago doesn’t it? While we haven’t made as much progress as I believe we should have there has at least been progress leaps. I do still find it hard to understand prejudice in general.

3 Likes

Have you seen the movie on netflix How they see us ??? Thats another good one that touches on a similar prejudice

3 Likes