Mozilla / Firefox disabled ALL ADDONS ! Don't Panic

For those of you who love your Firefox because of all of the addons, don’t panic. Almost overnight, due to a blown certificate, it appears ALL ADDONS have been disabled, and pushed to disabled status, with NO WAY to re download, or enable. It is a BIG problem, and they are working on it. Because the problem hit quickly, and worldwide, panic and rumors quickly surfaced, but fear not. There ARE some temp. workarounds for those of you who use the Dev. or Nightly Builds, so be aware, and stay tuned…

Dev. / Nightly Build users:

Other Versions:

7 Likes

Sucks that they did it again… But gotta respect the turnaround time for getting things on track to be fixed. 9 hours later and they’re already communicating the procedure and fix.

3 Likes

Roger that @Sprkslfly. I have quite a few addons, and when I saw the yellow banner pop up, just started shaking my head.

3 Likes

Yeah, I was actually more upset when they did the coding change affecting ‘traditional’ plug-ins (that took effect on release 53). I lost quite a few that I’d grown to rely on.

At least little momentary hiccups like this pass quickly.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Seems to be fixed now.
Thx for the info, saved me a lot of searching.

2 Likes

Hehe. I didn’t even notice the hiccup! Just quickly checked my NoScript add-on , and it appears to be working same as ever.
But thanks for posting!

2 Likes

it’s not fixed for me and I’m pretty annoyed by this because it force updated firefox on me and nothing is working. It’s pretty unprofessional to force a broken update then say you have to activate “studies” option in the privacy section instead of allowing users to roll-back.
Especially if this is just a certificate issue, this should be a simple hotfix update but now it’s working for some people and not others.

https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2019/05/04/update-regarding-add-ons-in-firefox/

2 Likes

Mine was fixed about 2 hours after I posted.

1 Like