Mt Baker Vapor

Hey does anyone know what brand of flavorings Mt Baker Vapor uses??? They come with their label so I can’t tell what brand they are. There are a couple I get requests for but I hate paying shipping for just a few little bottles when I have a big order in process somewhere else. I don’t mind ordering there but we all know that different brands will taste differently and I don’t want to take the chance when I’m mixing for someone else. Thanks in advance!!

Once upon a time, the thought was they used Flavor West flavors. Nobody really knows for sure because they won’t tell. I think the consensus now is they use a combination of different companies.

2 Likes

They do not disclose this information and many have tried to ask, including myself.
A LOT of people say they use FW and MBV flavors are very close to FW but they are not exacts.

I have dozens of MBV flavors from when I first started out and I now also have the same flavors in FW and I can confirm they are not the same… BUT they are so close that I believe they use FW flavors and dilute them or mix them with a sweetener.

Blood orange for example, this is one of MBV flavors that I use a lot, so I bought FW blood orange thinking it was the same and I was wrong. FW is much more potent and darker than MBV but they are still very similar, with MBV being a little “thinner”

So that’s my guess, otherwise the flavor resource page does have MT baker flavors listed under MBV

I’m not sure if you run a business or just make for friends but look into MT baker abroad program? You can get the larger bottles for retail and if someone uses the abroad code you get a $50 store credit?

3 Likes

I just mix for friends, but friends are telling friends and well, the ball has begun to roll! I won’t be starting a business any time soon but my “customer” base is growing. And yeah, I charge them now. Hell, I was going broke!! And I like doing it so its a win-win. There’s actually a lot of satisfaction in mixing something up that someone is willing to pay for. I’ll look into that abroad program, thanks darth!! I was thinking they were FW too but any difference will make the juice taste different so guess I’ll keep ordering from MBV…
Thanks for the help guys!!:blush:

2 Likes

Yeah I was convinced they were FW as well and it wasn’t until last week when I ran out of a few MBV flavors I used and ended up getting FW instead (I was already ordering from a different place)

Then for the first time I had a chance to do a side by side comparison and realized they are not FW. In the case of the Blood Orange, it almost seems like they added a little water to it?! haha I highly this is the case of course but that’s exactly what it looks/smells/tastes like :slightly_smiling:

2 Likes

One of my friends absolutely loves their zebra stripe gum, and raspberry lemonade. I’ve tried to replicate the lemonade and can’t. She actually mixes those two together…BLECH!!! But she loves it and now has someone else that wants it. Hey, whatever floats yur boat! Taste is, most certainly, subjective!

1 Like

I’ve entered all of my MBV flavorings in my flavor stash as FW flavorings whenever there was an exact match by name. There are a couple I have though, that are clearly blends or otherwise unavailable from FW so those I label as MBV in my stash. Haven’t had any troubles with it. Most of my MBV flavors are pretty old though, old enough that they were using a different supplier for most of them

Haven’t had any Blue Moo in ages. That used to be my favorite!

1 Like

When you say flavorings we mean the same as our concentrates we buy from FA FW TPA and the like? Or just final product juices?

1 Like

MBV sells their whole standard line of finished liquids as flavor concentrates as well (so that excludes the GWAR line, or anything that isn’t their own mix). Comes in the same style bottle as a finished liquid, same label, everything, so if you buy both, be very careful of a mix-up (no pun intended)…:smirk:

2 Likes

Bingo, this would be my guess as well. While not all of their newer line flavorings are FW the majority of the old flavorings are. James once hinted at the original lines were largely FW but that the newer lines would be expanding to other flavoring companies.

2 Likes

Which leads me to wonder why anyone would buy them? I dunno. If I can make the same recipes using FA, FLV, FW, or whatever, I can’t for the life of me find a reason to buy their flavorings. To me it just seems like buying a car someone has hopped up when you can go buy an unmolested one and hop it up yourself. That’s just me though.

3 Likes

They are quite appealing to the beginner. Also you get appx 17ml when you buy them from MBV making them less expensive than buying from FW unless you are buying a lot as the shipping costs are high through FW.

Quite a few FW flavorings are underrated, i feel many more would be in general use if they weren’t so dilute.

When I started vaping they were the cheapest game in town for customizable premixed juice. The fact that they offered concentrates, unflavored nic, PG, VG, etc seemed like more of an afterthought. I’ll always be fond of the company, because they (particularly being a vendor of premix) introduced me to the concept of DIY juice. Maybe not the most sound business practice, but they’ve always given me the vibe of a company that sees its customers as something more than just a revenue stream. I don’t know if that’s real, or just my projection, but like I said, it makes me fond of them.

3 Likes

That said, I shouldn’t be too rose colored with my analysis. Half their product is rubbish! :)YMMV

Thier hardware side of the business feels pretty solid to me. I bought a box mod from them and they not only had a toll free phone number, they even intelligently discuss my concerns about a product. Their warrenty on the product was the best I could find at the time. Perhaps their flavor side of the business need some work.

1 Like

Yeah, to me it would make more sense to just sell FA, FLV, INW, etc.

1 Like

I ended up with them because that friend I mentioned wanted to so something nice for me since I supplied her with some juice when she first started vaping. She was ordering other stuff and bought a few flavors she thought she might like to see if I could do anything with them. She ended up loving that silly mixture so now I’m stuck with it🙄 It’s ok, she’ll order more when I need it. I get most of my stuff from ECX and I’ll continue to go there. I did, however, just place a large order with Nicotine River, gallons of pg and vg and a few 150ml of the flavors I use the most. Free shipping!!!YAY!

The idea seems to be if you have been vaping one of their finished juices, you can just buy the flavoring that matches it instead of buying 2-3 different flavorings and figuring out the percentages. It’s dumbing things down a bit, but I think that’s the idea. It’s not for DIY people as much as it’s for people who mostly buy premix and want to play around a bit.

1 Like

Ahh, I see. That makes sense then. It’s another way to market their e-liquid but aimed at the noob diyer. I guess that is kinda smart then.

1 Like

Well shit. That sucks. No wonder they were pretty good as stand alones.