Mtl Mech What Coil

Hi if anyone is running mtl setups on a mech what coil res heve you found to be best.
Im running a kayfun lte and getting an 18350 almost mech rune for it. Just wondering where to start.
I have got 1.2 ss or 2 kanthal premade as well as vv superfine mtl clapton wire and ka in a couple of awg

3 Likes

Hiya!

I can’t vouch for the lite, but in my reaper on my 18350 e-pipe I’ve been using 1.2 - 1-8 ohm spaced kanthal coils around a 2.5 jig. 6 to 8 wraps.

Steel will heat up quicker and there’s the whole subjective flavour argument from it.
I will always maintain there’s nothing wrong with simple round wire.

the VV superfine claptons have always been a bit lackluster IMO, but I’m sure I’ve just not experimented enough. You could have a great time with them I’m sure.

I can’t tell you what to do or what will work best for you, but personally I’m more than happy with 6 and a half to 8 and a half wraps on 28 or 30 awg kanthal around a 2.5mm screwdriver.
[ I should note I’m using EXO 18350s cells ]
Nice long draws with easily stand out flavour.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That gives me a super place to start my playing, thanks for the info

3 Likes

You’re welcome! Glad I could help

3 Likes

I make a nice 3×30awg ss with 42 awg ss wrape.I have a tripod, kayfun lite 2019, four one five and a skyline the the 415 is a great restricted lung to tight direct lung hits.my kayfun is great with citrus fruits and tobacco flavors but the tripod is the best overall if you can pick one up.it’s my understanding a new batch is coming out soon.it not only has drop in inserts under the coil it has a beautiful air flow control plus a piece that goes into the chamber to reduce it and one for the chimney too😂.it’s an all around rta.

3 Likes