Musicians of ELR: Share Your Sounds and Stories

@louiesquared Where were you when I was installing my Boston Pro setup ? ???

Agreed, worst and hardest place to install a system that is accurate, images well, and doesn’t have a big bump at the vehicles Fr.

4 Likes

Proud to say these songs are now a permanent part of my iTunes library! Only thing is… “Worse” should have been 5 minutes longer :smile:

5 Likes

Here’s something I recorded not too long ago.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-2rVfMEvWcjdDRQR3o2clZOaUE/view

11 Likes

Best load-in ever! You guys had that down to a science! 1 trip for the whole drum set!? That must have been (is still?) a fun band play in.

1 Like

Lol, we’re a geezer band. It’s all about and only about fun for us. Two business owners, Doc, and myself and another retired. We get out once or twice a month and that’s enough. The drummer is the one with the logistics OCD. Really is nice for setting up and buggin out.

6 Likes

5 Likes

If they play their cards right, those guys are gonna make it someday!

3 Likes

Meh. I don’t know. They look like hippies to me. :wink:

2 Likes

Funny, they were definitely looking like hippie outsiders then. Nowadays CEO’s even look like that! The times, as they say…

2 Likes

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes…
(Sorry about the stutter :wink: grins)

2 Likes

Glad this is working out, everybody! We are a diverse bunch, for sure. Thanks for sharing the goods, y’all. Keep 'em coming! :slight_smile:

Here’s one from a band I was in for about 8 years called kLoB. We split in 2013 on good terms.

7 Likes

Loving listening to you all, you talented bunch! :smiley::ok_hand::tada:

6 Likes

Oh man you do some beautiful work… I’m drooling!

5 Likes

Very nice work!

3 Likes

Bravo! No, Bravo, Bravo!!! Absolutely sweeeeeet! I so wish you lived close. I always turn my instruments over to a luthier toot-sweet and I can just sense you would be the best!

5 Likes

Wow, I’m sorry, but I get it. My facilities are fading as well with age. Beautiful work though. Post any you have. Simply wonderful to look at!

3 Likes

@jay210 Not the drummer…lol. I’ve played guitar, keys, bass, and trumpet in bands, and I can keep a simple beat on a set, but I don’t think there is any way I could pull off drums in a band full time. I played guitar in the video I posted. I am the guy on the right with the long dark brown hair.

I wish your nephew much luck. Music is a tough business, but even playing covers for people who really dig it is satisfying in a way that is hard to explain. I miss playing live. It is fun making people happy. Cheers

5 Likes

@mrpipes I have been playing, buying, selling, and working on guitars for 30 years and I have to say…those look very solid. Kind of remind me of some of Terry McInturff’s early builds, though I can’t say I remember ever seeing inlay work like yours on anything he built. Very nice finishes and killer inlays. Did you do the dragon? Where is your shop located?

4 Likes

@mrpipes Love the woodwork, the grain, and the finishes !!!

3 Likes

That is simply gorgeous!!! I own nothing like that. O lord, I’d have to hire armed guards for breaks!

4 Likes