Muted ejuice and please dont tell me its "vaper's tongue" - i vow to make updates till the problem resolved

some of the flavors may have EM in them

is this a statement or just a mere suggestion? since I need to really make sure about this. if anyone can confirm me on the ingredients, please let me know.anway, 2.5% sucralose is not that much really. its my cup of tea, but to my knowledge, it wont kill the flavors. its sucralose after all, and its just 2.5%.

yes! thank god! I think so too but I just need someone to confirm that for me. Maybe, just maybe, the cream and and custard mix are way too much compared to the strawberry. but then, how bout the peanut butter? is it too much too? I am going to mix another 30 ml soon to confirm that.

anyway, if I did up say from 7% strawberry to 14%, wont that be overflavoring and kill the strawberry?

1 Like

The possibility that some of the flavors may have EM in them was brought up becauseā€¦EM,is used as a sweetnerā€¦ EM has the reputation of muting flavors over a period of time. And since you appear to be experiencing flavor fade with your strawberry, I think bradslinux is offering you a possibility to considerā€¦Overflavoring?..being that Cap SweetStrawberry is used by many at higher %s (as many Capella flavors are)ā€¦I donā€™t think killing the strawberry will be an issue for you, however balancing the mix by dropping down your Custard/Creams, I believe, will helpā€¦You just need to experimentā€¦Canā€™t speak to the peanut butter (I have no experience with pb)ā€¦Perhaps you can do a recipe search here, with your flavors that are in your flavor stash and get a feel for what people here are doingā€¦remembering that taste is subjectiveā€¦what is good for one mixer may be weak for anotherā€¦

1 Like

I am going to that right now. there is like a bunch of samples I am working on for this issue, which take every comments here into accounts. I hope the mods can pin this up so everyone can see a good example if they are facing the same issue. I know most of us did.

1 Like

@iamherebecauseofum I donā€™t have anything to add but Iā€™m interested how this turns out so Iā€™ll be following your progress hoping I lean something.

yes man. sure buddy I fully understands you.

That cap peanut butter once it starts to steep can get pretty strong. Youā€™re custard is on the low side but so is your strawberry, so that may be your own personal taste. If you switch to tpa pb you could keep the same % lots of peeps say caps has burnt taste. I donā€™t much care for it and it sounds to me like you donā€™t either. I would start by cutting your pb in half. If you have a bunch mixed up you could check this theory by doubling everything including vg and nic but leaving t.he cap pb alone. That should get you back to a similar flavor u started with. This does not take the already steeped part into effect, but with only a week steep nones of those flavors except the pb will be that much different. I bet by $ itā€™s the cap pb your not liking once steeping

2 Likes

Iā€™m not a fruit chick but since I make a cereal one for my DIL she said the same thing on the strawberry losing flavor which is why I added the second strawberry, Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA) 5 % Strawberry Milk (OSDIY) 2.5% I would have went higher on those but I had other fruit flavors I wanted to pop.

1 Like

A few days I guess, the fruits donā€™t take as long as the custards and creams.

1 Like

I love the sin out of my Cap PB ā€¦ maybe for that reason I LOVE peanut butter hahahaha waiting on my Red Touch to arrive to see how that plays on itā€™s own.

Red touch? Is that FA strawberry?

2 Likes

Yes FA SB is red touch.

1 Like

You are VERY right here. When we blend our flavors we have to watch out for all sorts of muting.

Couple things you learn over time is that not all flavors like to play nice with each otherā€¦

Take the batch of Grape we are working on. (as we speak no lie!)

Grape has mostly sweet and some tangy notes to it. Cream will mute those tangy notes and give the Grape a sweet candy taste. While on the other end adding a bit of malic acid will bring out the tangy notes and mute the sweet notes. Add Wild Cherry and it will mute both and hide the grape taste -.- ā€¦ You end up with a gummy bear flavor.

Not exactly on point of this topic but I figured I would throw my 2 cents in to the ring :smiley:

6 Likes

If you steep some of the capella strawberry flavor as a single flavor, you can add a few drops to your tank and shake and vape. Then, you should be able to taste the strawberry, and youā€™ll know how to adjust your recipe the next time you mix it. I tend to do this with flavors that get lost or flavors that I love to taste in a mix. Actually, I keep single mixes of all of my flavor concentrates. I have no idea how it works or what the difference would be if you made a mix from single steeped flavors versus making a mix from concentrates and steeping it. Does anyone know? My experiments are not specific enough to verify anything, and that is why I really appreciate you mixologists. xo

Making StandAlones mixes and then blending them together in a tank for tasting is a good way to get ideas and %s for the creation of actual recipesā€¦I also have vaped a StandAlone, and when it doesnā€™t taste right, I have taken another StandAlone of something else and put it into that same tankā€¦I get some interesting and pleasant vapes doing thatā€¦Itā€™s kinda like a ā€œMysteryā€ vapeā€¦Adds another dimension to the vaping experienceā€¦and if you hit on a good combination, it gives you an idea for %s to use for a future recipe of those ingredientsā€¦ :slightly_smiling:

All Flavorings have high notes (called ā€œheadsā€)and low notes (tails) for fruit flavors especially using more than one variety will help a flavor to stand out. I agree with the use of more than one strawberry. I would ditch the sweet straw altogether going higher will only make things worse. I suggest Vaping zone at 2% combined with 4.5-6 strawberry ripe or .5% MF. Or Super concentrated from ECX or Diyejuice.
You are correct muting should not occur so quickly and do think the 2.5% sucralose cannot be helping matters.