Muted flavours

Yes…I hear your summonsing me lol I am not a cap expert but my thinking is after reading a bit of what the OP is experiencing muted flavors after he mixed that recipe he posted up there^ .

Personally he may consider looking into another recipe those % look off here is a thread on Castle Long Clones ! I don’t ever remember it having Vanilla ice cream in it. Too much cream mutes flavors. The coconut is a cream the vanillin can mute the % look a lil wonky ( just not the way I remember it , it’s been a while ) check out this thread and take a HARD look at Bathvapor’s recipe it looks the closest *** @Dsp1

I personally heat mixes when I feel like it and it is well under 120 degrees usually in the 90 degree territory and it’s typically around 15 minutes then the cap comes off for a bit and then I’ll put it back on and shake it and then I may put it back in for another 15 minutes. Not every juice gets a warm bath and I personally never have had too good of results with AP at full strength let alone heating it. I feel it has an off tasting frittos like flavor so I dilute mine.

Capella’s Toasted Almond is a little weaker than TFA’s if that info helps.

1 Like

I actually put the vanilla ice cream in that recipe to get more of a creamier vanilla taste… But obviously it was a mistake… Live n learn! Thank you very much too everyone that has responded to my question… And thank you @Amy2 for the castlelong recipe that is the one I will mix up!!

1 Like

You are welcome. I love cream too and fall victim to adding too much sometimes as well. Think of it as a sponge in high %s thou it just eats up the flavor and doesn’t let any smaller % flavors peek thru like they should. If I remember correctly Castle Long is kinda harsh from the Kentucky Bourbon so I had to cut it in half …may be perfect for you thou. I also believe it is a 50/50 blend.

1 Like

I’ve been trying and tweaking for years. I’ve tried almost every castle long-alike out there, and I’ve found a few that aren’t bad. My favorite so far is check mate from red Rock vapor, out of vegas. It’s a hard flavor to replicate, and nothing I’ve made has satisfied me… yet. Five Pawns has top of the line facilities and equipment, and even if they are using tpa/TFA flavors, they’ve got a leg up on the equipment and whatnot. I’d love to nail this recipe, though.

1 Like