My best buddy

My heart goes out to.

8 Likes

Not gonna lie, the tears flowed as i read that and remembered all the good times.

7 Likes

Me to Ken it’s really done me reading that poem.

7 Likes

@HVPGH So sorry for your loss. Losing a family member is always hard. When our Pit died, my ex-wife and I grieved for a couple of years before getting another dog. We didn’t want our next dog to feel like a “replacement” for Tara because each dog deserves its own place in a family. Honor your feelings and grieve fully. Remember the good times with much fondness. Take care of yourself and each other.

7 Likes

@HVPGH I’m sorry to hear such sad news. Your Big Fella will alsways be with you. Know that- and nearly 16 years is a very long time. RIP Rebbe Boy :pray:

8 Likes

Heck yeah… leave them up so you can remember the good times.
I am sorry to hear of your loss.
that saddens me Idk what it is about dogs …when I hear it about somebody losing one. (Especially at an early age.)I just feel the pain.
really are man’s best friend.:broken_heart:
What kind of dog was it?
Yeah and 16 years at least you live a long life at least for terriers like I have that’s about the limit .chin up

7 Likes

@TorturedZen
I’m guessing a quick Google-ing would find that poem? I ve never heard of it

7 Likes

Rainbow Bridge

There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth.
It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of all its beautiful colors.
Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows,
hills and valleys with lush green grass.
When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place.
There is always food and water and warm spring weather.
The old and frail animals are young again.
Those who were sick, hurt or in pain are made whole again.
There is only one thing missing,
they are not with their special person who loved them so much on earth.
So each day they run and play until the day comes
when one suddenly stops playing and looks up!
The nose twitches! The ears are up!
The eyes are staring and this one runs from the group!
You have been seen and when you and your special friend meet,
you take him in your arms and hug him.
He licks and kisses your face again and again -
and you look once more into the eyes of your best friend and trusting
pet.
Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together never again to be apart.

15 Likes

@Ken_O_Where my eyes watered… :pray::pray:

7 Likes

Mine too, such a lovely and comforting poem. Thank you @TorturedZen

7 Likes

He was a standard schnauzer. Thank you for the condolences.

8 Likes

My veterinarian’s office sent me a condolence card (all of the staff signed it) that included the poem. It also had a paw print of my pup. Unfortunately, I knew what the card was because this is the second time in the past 4 years I have received one. I took care of my dad in my home for his last years, as well as his dog, that outlived him for two years. She was also a standard schnauzer that lived to 14 years and my boy’s inseparable friend. The vet sent me a condolence card for her as well. Thanks to everybody for the condolences, it is a readjustment being without a dog in the house, we’re going to get another one, in time.

11 Likes

WTF is this comment?

5 Likes

@HVPGH It’s Joel pushing the NON-PC boundries. I think …

3 Likes

C’mon man, someone is experiencing grief and you’re making bad jokes? Seriously, you go to extremes in bad taste and hurtful.

5 Likes

This excuse for Joels comments have been worn out … @HVPGH sorry this comment ended up in this thread where you were obviously reaching out for support while grieving .

6 Likes

I’m impulsive, it’s a problem I have… I am sorry for the loss of a pet, I had a boy named Max, he was a blue heeler and was the best dog ever. I predict he would’ve lived longer than the 14 he did as his kidneys had shut down. I think the times my stepdad got home from working in the bush and was having drinks by the fire did him in, because when he would get drunk he’d give Max a beer to drink just to walk him stumble around, it’s speculation but I don’t imagine it helped him any…

He was the type of dog that would herd my neice when she was younger, if she was out front and got too close to the road he’d run and try to grab her attention and bring her closer to home. Also, if I was around and you made a threatening jester towards me, he’d be inbetween with his teeth showing or barking. Really protective… First dog in my life I’ve never needed a leash for because he’d always be by my side. Sadly I never got to spend a lot of time with him because at the time I worked a lot and my place didn’t allow pets, so he had a large yard and a terrier to herd around.

6 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss.

6 Likes

@HVPGH I’m sorry man, I was up at o’dark hundred this morning, and although READING the above mentioned post, I COMPLETELY MISSED what thread it was on.

Sorry about that.

4 Likes

no worries

5 Likes