My dad wants to try vaping to stop smoking

I was gonna lookup a menthol recipe and grab some flavors because I have absolutely zero tobacco flavors

1 Like

I’m using the he2’s and don’t have any complaints, but then again they are the only 18650’s I’ve ever used

1 Like

They are great batts, them and the Sammy 25r’s.

I wish your dad the best! My parents are his age and it took them about a month to fully transition from smoking to vaping but they no longer smoke.

2 Likes

Thanks, I really hope it helps and works for him. Maybe then I’ll have another person pitching in on flavors, VG and pg lol

1 Like

My wife smoked almost 2 packs of menthol a day and she hasn’t looked back I have a recipe for menthol if u want it ?

2 Likes

Yeah that would be awesome, thanks.
Would be cool to be able to click on somebody’s name and see their recipes

Just search for their name in the search bar

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip

If you think he’ll vape heavily, like when using a sweet flavor, I would try 12mg. My husband smoked about like your dad and 18 mg was too high. Just my opinion. Nicotine headaches are no fun, though.

3 Likes

Just started vaping 4 months ago after smoking 44 years and was adamant about not wanting flavours, just tobacco for me. Got into DIY pretty quickly and made a coffee mix I really liked. I still like it but I’m all into fruit now. Don’t miss smoking at all. Hate the smell and every time I get a dry hit I remember what it was like to smoke, that is exactly how a rollup tastes.

3 Likes

Yeah he wanted fruity flavors but vaping makes him cough every time. Told him to take it slow. I’ll have to check on him to see how it’s going. He really likes the coffee and doughnut flavor I made him.

3 Likes

Have you tried max vg? Pg can make you cough.

2 Likes

Vaping is something some people have to learn - My ex-brother-in-law had the craziest coughing fits when he started vaping - then all of a sudden it stopped and he could just vape. It requires a good measure of patience I imagine!

1 Like

I was gonna try and do vg and dw to dilute it for his tank and also drop the nic level to like 3mg. First stuff I made him was about 6mg and it made me cough the first few times also

I still cough occasionally. Usually first vape in the morning and late at night when I have overdone it a bit.

1 Like

I try explaining to new vapers, their lungs have to get used to a moist vapor being inhaled. Their lungs are used to dry, burning leaves. Moist vapor makes them cough. In time that disappears.

3 Likes

Yeah I told him to just start slow and he will get used to it eventually.

2 Likes