My feeling

I feel like SHIT Today !! Sofa bound.
That is all !
Lol

5 Likes

OOh man, I feel for you,
I had a few depressions in the past. One that almost ended on the train tracks…
After that one I want in therapy for 2 years and learned how to counter these horrible feelings.
The most important lesson they thaught me is that you put your own thoughts in your own mind.
It’s easier said then done and some days it feels like an internal battle, but you’ve got to put positive things in your mind. Hope you feel better soon and try to concentrate on positive things :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I feel ya. I’m not sofa ridden but my left bicep hurts like a mofo because I tried to lift something way to heavy and tore or strained something. Now I can’t even hold a cell phone while vaping in my left hand.

Now I sit at work hoping I can position the keyboard so it can still type. Uggg.

6 Likes

Thank god you can at least hold your vape!

9 Likes

You’ve earned it …Rest Up! I’d recommend something like a batch of Chicken Soup or a Kale smoothie if it’s flu/cold/age, but really you should make a big plate of Sausage Gravy and Biscuits because nothing is more sedating than a high load of sodium and sausage grease in your bloodstream. To the Kitchen~! :wink:
[Apologies for recommending a temporary coma as a solution to today’s woes]

11 Likes

Our Granddaughter is still visiting, we decided to take her my daughter and son-in-law to a ice cold 72 F River/Springs.
The bad part that got me is Type 2 Diabetic. However yesterday I decided I was going to not be a diabetic.
Of course I bought her chips, sugary sweet candies and any and all carbs in between.Then to boot we all went to a Sushi Buffet= more carbs, lots and lots of white rice. Salad with vitamin K dark green veggies. Which is also a no,no. Also no vitamin K for me being on high does of Warfrin/ rat poison not prevent any more blood clots from forming. Unless you eat Vitamin K enriched food which does the opposite instead of keep my blood at a therapeutic range. Vitamin K thicken blood which pools and reforms possible clots. I brought it on myself. Do anything to see the little ones happy even if involves eating things I shouldn’t. So for a couple of days I’ll pay the price and be lithargic and legs elevated above heart.(not a good mixing position,lol) she’s leaving today we’ve had her for the last 3 months she’s just over 2 yrs old and my shinning light. So a little bummed out there going back to New Mexico, probably be a bit before we see again. Other than Facebook Live Chat. Thank y’all for the positiveness. Really appreciate it.

8 Likes

You gotta be careful with that man, take care of yourself. I’ve lost my father-in-law way too early because he couldn’t refuse his favorite foods and drinks (doctors are the worst patients!)

4 Likes

I am infuriated.
You obviously know what you cannot do, next time show some restraint. At least you could have limited your indulgences to a lower dose.

4 Likes

… and so far for all the possitiveness…rofl

3 Likes

Heh… Hey? What? Just because I inadvertently tried to kill the guy (Kale+Carb loading) and coma jokes aside… I did apologize and it was clearly jokey. The best advice would be a gentle walk around the neighborhood after that nap. Yeah, so no comas OK. Wifey has Type II, so I’m sympathetic and know the details.

There are some good low sugar protein bars to pack for yourself on these type journeys, but you really have to read those ingredient lists carefully, especially if you have other drug interactions to consider. If you have a Nutritionist as part of your Healthcare, they will have some better advice re: Travel snacks and portable Meal Replacements.

Take care kind sir and thx for gentleness re: my attempted humor… well maybe the Chicken soup idea was OK :wink: [rolls eyes jeeez really? Kale and Biscuits? O M G]

6 Likes

:100:% agreed, I know better and not only affected me. But, could have done enough permanent damage or coma. It was quite selfish of myself to not think about the kids not seeing me again because of pure stupidity. Appreciate it @CosmicTruth

3 Likes

The sad thing is I do see a dietician, just totally lost self control. Appreciate it @BoDarc

5 Likes

Sorry to hear that @anon28032772, my dad past Christmas 2016 complications from diabetes. That should’ve been my wake up call.

4 Likes

Best get that arm looked at. I did the same thing 8 yeas ago and didn’t see a doctor. Figured it would heal itself. It never has healed and I can’t lift stuff like I used to.

3 Likes

Kale smoothie? Yuck. Ever had a bacon and egg smoothie? Cheeseburger blizzard?

3 Likes