My interview with a Journalist

I have thought about whether or not I wanted to post this, but since we need more information and stories on vaping, I thought I would share this story I was interviewed on.

14 Likes

Thank you for deciding to post this as well as allowing an interview.I have seen them turn badly as most times they will only reflect the views of the interviewer . I too have lost weight after starting vaping and eliminating the cigarettes.
The argument over sweet vapes are made to attract kids is just ignorant , I feel it is the exact opposite in reality.The adult wants the sweet and savory treats they enjoyed as a child but now want them in a more mature guilt free fashion.
I will be dead when I stop craving a peanut butter milkshake or a bowl of butter pecan ice cream.
Good job and thank you for the post!

11 Likes

Amen to that. I think it is rediculous to assume that just because we are adults that we surely couldn’t or shouldn’t possibly enjoy something that tastes deliscious. It is very manipulative of anyone to try to push the arguement that sweet flavors are made as some kind of enticement to children. Hell i am a 29 year old child, then. I love junk food and i love tasting junk food in my vape. Lol though weight has never been an issue with me, i could definitely see the benefit in having a sweet vape to cull the craving of something ‘fatty’.

8 Likes

Just another shining example of government allowing Wall Street to baffle us with lies and half truths because there is no money in reporting the facts.
The simple truth that can’t be denied is vaping is safer than smoking! If you are using vaping to quit tobacco ,then you have made a wise decision!
The biggest argument they have against vaping is “we really don’t know how safe it is , we need to do long term studies” and “these sweet and savory flavors are designed to get kids hooked on vaping”.
We do know that each year over 400,000 people die in the US alone due to smoking related illnesses.We do know that people who quit tobacco using vaping have a better chance of staying tobacco free than they do when using other methods.
The fact that our elected officials have chosen to sell out the very people that they are sworn to protect makes me absolutely sick to my stomach.

8 Likes

Exactly! Hell my gf doesnt even vape and she agreed it is bullshit and posted a short rant on facebook about it once she saw the article banning utah online purchases, and let me blow nearly $200 on supplies “just in case”. I should be set till the end of the year now aside from the occassional flavoring i run low on. :slight_smile:
As she put it, its saving money in the long run and i will easily make that money back selling juice locally to people, especially now with the new laws i think i might see a bit of a jump in business soon if the laws effect premixed juice sales also like the article says

2 Likes

Just made me think though that getting people off sweets and fast-food makes that industry our enemy too. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Wait until the oil companies get wind that we’re spending less money on gas not driving across state lines and borders to get deals on cartons of cigs

4 Likes

Ah, but people are crossing state lines now to get to a vapeshop where regulations are less severe and not taxed as much.

2 Likes

What needs to be pointed out is that all restaurants offer dessert on their menus, are these items only meant for kids?

7 Likes

Yes this was one of those rare times where the Journalist, although not a vapor user herself, she is “for” vaping. I realized because this Journalist actually got out there and did some homework. She understands our frustrations and the health related realities that come along with a ban on vaping.

4 Likes

The FDA should focus on all the wrongs currently running free and clear with their blessings. Genetically altered fruits and vegetables, livestock loaded with unnatural hormones, processed foods, medications whose side effects are insanity and death, cancers caused by ingestibles that they approve of…
They’ve given the all clear to items that are KNOWN to harm, but want to ban something they admit to know nothing about.
The simple truth is they need their asses handed to them by way of our shoe tips. I’m sick of the abuse of power by government (The U.S. isn’t the only one). For the people, by the people has become a fairy tale.

6 Likes

It will make sense to know that genetically altered fruits, juiced up livestock, processed foods with addictive additives, rubber stamped meds and all the other likewise as you say do not have a community driven by entrepreneurs to make a safer alternative as vapors have done so with tobacco. So they don’t need to regulate an entity that does not yet exist. But I bet you, for example, if someone invented a cheap, nutritious synthetic fruit the FDA would be all over it. If someone is able to accomplish something great, you can bet the FDA will be there to trample on it. I am beginning to think that the root of these people actions is envy and they don’t want to see anyone get praise or recognition of anything for the greater good or of great benefit to the public. They are like little children, " You can’t sell that cause I said so."

4 Likes

8 Likes

One thing I pointed out to the Senator of Or. ( that’s about useless in listening ) was I love sweets, he kept saying " the children will be attracted to the sweet flavors " heck I’m attracted to the sweet flavors. Why do ppl always assume grown folks don’t eat sweets ?

Nice job BB it is a great article and a refreshing view on vaping. Glad to hear you’ve kept the weight off.

5 Likes

Hmmm… Must not work the same with alcohol. I’m over here all, “I think a mimosa would pair quite nicely with this champagne vape!” :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks for sharing the article!

4 Likes

I can fully attest to this phenomena!!

I’ve lost 35lbs in the first 2 1/2 months alone!! I’ve since lost another 5…but yeah…I was dumbfounded when I realized it and stepped on the scale.

Kudos for sharing!

4 Likes