My Love affair with the Brunhilde MTL

Time Stamps: Like it? 2:59 Rambling thoughts; 3:07 Package includes; 8:17 up close; 9:19 airflow; 14:19 Build; 17:04 Wick; 18:18 Final thoughts; 19:04

OH YA how about some critique on the thumbnail. I have been learning 3dpaint and it’s kinda a pain in the arse but I could always use constructive criticism.

7 Likes

Good vid dan

4 Likes

Thanks, you sir. If you don’t mind head over to my channel and give me a thumbs up. It apparently helps.
Just click on the video and in the bottom right corner click on youtube and it will take you there. If not then not. Appreciate you, bro.

4 Likes

Thanks @Dan_the_Man, mines traveling now, can’t wait to try it out !!

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see what you think of it. I am becoming a big fan of Vapefly. Their gear just keeps getting better. The one thing I want to know the most is if it is dirty or clean or if there are any parts that should not have made it through quality control. I would appreciate it if you would let me know that sort of thing and of course I really want to know what you think of it.

3 Likes

That makes TWO of us @Dan_the_Man. GREAT video by the way, and I’ll def. like it on YT. My mini hoard supply of cartos (yes, I bought cases of them) is running light, so I’ve been really looking for a GOOD, flavorful (and this is what I’ve not been able to find yet) MTL setup that I can run as needed when MTL is required. This one does look interesting, and although I’m not sure on the “magic” or reason for the metal rods (whatever they are), I’m curious to try it out.

2 Likes

I wasn’t sure at first either but I have some thoughts on it. First, It is my assumption that they were able to make the well (tank) hold more liquid. I think I edited that part out but it holds 5ml of liquid and for a MTL tank that is pretty darn good. The reason I say that is who want to have cotton going all the way down into a 5 ml. well? I am sure it would degrade and really funkify (funktify?) (make funky?) our precious DIY creations. The SS rods really are quite wonderful. If anything it wicks to well but that really depends on the viscosity of your juice. I felt like the vid was too long and did not go into that part. I do have the other Brunhilde and I think it’s more apparent with that one and will go into it in that video.

Awesome, Thank you very much, my friend.

2 Likes

Liked all vids down to you wrapping a battery do the rest later bro peace

3 Likes

Thanks for the vid Dan. MTL is not my thing but watching it makes me want to try it anyways :crazy_face:
The only thing I don’t get about this atty is that the afc is underneath the coil. Makes it kinda hard to change after you’ve put in your coil… would’ve been nice to see it at the side of the atty.

Continue as you do, but the sound on your vids is always very low. Other youtube vids are often very loud so it’s a bit of a pain when autoplay is turned on and I always have to adjust volume. Maybe it’s just a setting on your mic volume that can fix it…

5 Likes

@anon28032772 I’m wondering if there are benefits of using that type of “set it and forget it” air flow. Less leaking/weeping maybe ?? Guess you need to figure out how you’re going to be vaping it before you load it.

4 Likes

I found the sound low on this one also. Coupled with a wife and two teenage girls, I’ll have to wait for peace and quiet before continuing. Interested in this one :+1:

5 Likes

LOL thanks man, you didn’t have to like all of them but I certainly do appreciate it. :+1: :+1:

That is the best encouragement I could get, thanks for that.

OK, now that is what I needed thanks again. I thought it’s better to be low than too high with the audio but I was obviously wrong. Yes, yes. I needed that. I never considered that all the other vids are loud and then you have to turn mine up and then the next video blows your eardrums out. Ok then, I will fix it. Seriously thanks for that.

Saved this one for last. For us MTL’ers, we usually like a certain draw and find it a bit of a let down if we can not get that draw especially when it comes to pods. Don’t get me wrong, I do like to open it up sometimes but very rarely do I want a tighter draw. Also, most of us have more than one MTL rig and if that is the case the Brunhilde would be one we don’t change unless of course, you like to fiddle around. Another plus is how easy it is to change those airflow plugs. Now let’s say it’s the only MTL set up I have and I want to restrict the airflow. All you have to do is turn the airflow control on the top cap.

Now I am mad at myself because I should have addressed these concerns in the video but I am always watching the clock and trying to not have 20 min video. When it comes to a device like this and especially when I am so in love. I should just cover everything I can think of and not worry about time.

LOL Sorry man, I’ll have to fix it if I can.

@anon28032772 @SessionDrummer here is a short vid just for y’all.

6 Likes

Nah @Dan_the_Man the vid was great, as is. Thank you for the SECOND video Dan.

6 Likes

If you could adjust it to the volume of normal videos, just like the ones from Vaping with Vic or DJLsB or something like that, it’d be perfect. Then it’s just like the airflow on this atty … set (the volume) and forget :wink:

6 Likes

Thanks for an excellent, excellent review Dan. Pretty excited, I have the Brunhilde MTL cooling its heels in Chicago customs, so hopefully soon this little baby will come home to Papa.
Another one you might want to check out is the Mato RDTA by Nebelfee. This is the only english review I can find so far, the rest are in German. https://youtu.be/W3_zJM-KVjQ

5 Likes

HA, a fellow Belgian did that review, also saying what a pain in the butt it is to get some equipment shipped over :grin: It’s a very similar atty but not a MTL and seriously, a plastic “glass” in 2020? What were they thinking… :no_good_man:

4 Likes

I do agree, it should have been glass, and a spare added as well. Think by the look of it though it could be really good for DL for flavor.

5 Likes

Aww, Shucks. :blush: :grin: Seriously, thank you for that and thanks for the link. I like that guy’s style. I do tend to look out for smaller reviewers even though I do like a couple of the “big” guys like Grimm Green and SMM. I think my favorite though is Indoor Smokers. He isn’t a “technical” reviewer but he’s funny.

I hope you come back and let us know how you like it. Obviously, I think it’s the sh!t but I like to know what other people think.

4 Likes