My Melons Need Help!

TFA) watermelon 6%
Cantaloupe (TPA) 3%
Honeydew (TPA) 3%
Koolada 10% (TPA) .03%
Sweet Cream (FW) 2%
PG/VG-ratio: 30/70
In general I’m not a beginner however I am a beginner to the world of fruit flavored liquids as I’ve always mixed bakery.
This taste fair on the inhale & like rinds on the exhale.:cry: I gave it a 48hr. water bath before the taste but other than that it hasn’t steeped. I was wondering if I added a touch of sour if I would get more of an individual melon flavor instead of the mash I have now or is that the way this type of recipe works.:confused:
I mixed 30ml of this so I could separate it into smaller batches to tinker with. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this so it’s vapable?:yum:

Sour will work great with this but at a low %…maybe also try TFA smooth to smooth out the harsh notes from TFA watermelon or for that matter any fruit conc.

1 Like

Before adding anything, I’d give it at least a day or two to steep. Or, since you said you’ve got 30ml, break it into three bottles and leave one alone to test as it ages. Any gross sharp notes may get better with time, but some flavors either don’t or take a while. I am not a huge fan of TPA Watermelon. It tastes kinda funky and plastic-y to me. I’m not sure I’ve given it a fair shot though, as I’m not that into melon vapes. I know Delosi has the best watermelon I’ve tried so far, and I have the honeydew but haven’t tried it yet. It’s said to be really good. The cantaloupe tastes like a doughnut to me. LoL. I like Flavorah’s and Cap’s cantaloupes a lot, though.

1 Like

I have experimented with melon vapes, especially watermelon, and cantaloupe, and a variety of additional ingredients…One thing that generally ruined them for me was the Cream ingredients and vanillas…(sorry)…You might try putting a little Raspberry into the mix…It accentuates the melon notes in a very nice way…

2 Likes

Totally agree, Delosi for Watermelon and Honeydew. My opinion, Cantaloupe (FW) These three mix so well and have combined to make one of my most popular fruit blends. Give ya a hint, use the watermelon at half that of the Honeydew and the Cantaloupe. This makes cantaloupe the base flavor and it is nice…

I also agree with this. Add just a touch of Marshmallow instead, 2% or less…

3 Likes

I would try that same recipe without the cream or koolada. Just until you get your fruit notes right. I use the three melons you have in several recipes and mainly prefer the Honeydew as the prominent note.

Actually Koolada has no taste so it could be used if they like. If it is desired as the end product, might as well experiment as you go to get it right…

1 Like

Was just thinking of getting it to the basics. I don’t think at .03% it’s making or breaking anything though.

2 Likes

We only have one Watermelon on **the lis**t (LA Clear). You think we should add this one…???

There’s no Honeydew either.

4 Likes

Not everyone likes Honeydew, but I’ve enjoyed the TPA in every recipe I’ve used it.

2 Likes

Oh my, so much great advice! Thanks everyone!
I’ve never seen the Delosi brand that was recommended, where can I buy it?

http://www.nicotinelabs.com/flavoring/

1 Like

Yeah for sure. I think a general “Other” heading should be used for these one-off kind of flavors.

1 Like